Inclusive Pronouns

I think it's absurd. Once these coddled collegians leave campus, they'll see that instead of being hit with a little sample of the real world at the university level (like they should), the sensation was delayed until they had no safety net post-college. Not only will the real world hit them hard across the face, but it won't be using gender-neutral pronouns either. Also it won't use trigger warnings.

Reactions: 2 people
They can suggest it, no one will do it and it will fade away as yet another bad idea. I fail to see the big deal

Students can rename themselves all they want but what are they going to do when a copy of their transcript is needed for a job.

Reactions: 1 person
They can shove this agenda. What a freaking joke for UT to put that out.

Parental unit 1 and 2.

Nope, can't say 2, as it conjures the connotation of lower class.

I give up.

They can shove this agenda. What a freaking joke for UT to put that out.

It's not a UT policy. It was an idea put out by a department

Should they have censored that kind of speech? Would that be an improvement?
Spouse #1
Spouse #2

Because somebody was offended that the government form had husband/wife on it.

Well the form is now incorrect since there is not necessarily a husband and wife

BS. It came out with the UT name attached to the idea. You honestly think ideas like this from University employees that affect the University comes out and gets published without approval from the University?

Last edited:
BS. It came out with the UT name attached to the idea. You honestly think ideas like this from University employees that affect the University comes out and gets published without approval from the University?

It was an idea put out by a dept at UT but it is not policy and has zero effect on anything.

What do you think the deputy of diversity and inclusion would do? Are you in favor of limiting their ability to offer ideas?

It was an idea put out by a dept at UT but it is not policy and has zero effect on anything.

What do you think the deputy of diversity and inclusion would do? Are you in favor of limiting their ability to offer ideas?

Yes, I do favor limiting publication/promotion of ridiculous ideas from UT departments that have a negative effect on the perception of the University as a whole.

Yes, I do favor limiting publication/promotion of ridiculous ideas from UT departments that have a negative effect on the perception of the University as a whole.

Congrats, that idea is even worse and more damaging than the inclusive pronouns

The pronoun idea has zero effect on anything

Reactions: 3 people

Yep. I don't think a salary needs to be provided to this woman so SHE can tell us which pronouns are safe and non-triggering.

LIuwnju.jpg

No big deal, although I do sometimes refer to my kids as Son#1 and Son#2. Son#1 once came in the kitchen and referred to me as 'bro.' I said 'HELL no - you have three choices to call me, and only three: Dad, Old Wise One or O' Captain, My Captain - that's it!'

UT Knoxville ‏@UTKnoxville Aug 27
We've received many questions. UT has no policy on pronouns. Info provided by the Office of Diversity was offered as an inclusive resource.

Well the form is now incorrect since there is not necessarily a husband and wife

Then put both names on one line and "n/a" on the other. See, we can all get along. Is "we" offensive?

Could be a problem with which name is listed first though. This country faces such difficult struggles.

VN Store

Back