Place to buy retail shelving

omghulkhands

I'll be in Knoxville today and would like to buy some retail store shelving if possible.

Anyone have an idea on places to look?

I'm Googling without the best results ever

No clue on any actual store that sells it.

Might want to throw something up in Craigslist. Never know if someone's trying to liquidate or is looking to unload those radio shack shelves their husband just had to buy.

OMG, if you can find a store going out of business or doing a major reset. Other than that, idk. Maybe Halls Salvage in Sweetwater/Lenoir City or railway salvage in knoxville?

Idk. I thought ol Dave still had those two I mentioned. I be danged!

It's certainly possible that he's starting over from scratch... but the assets from the Discount Dave days have been sold off.

I think that he did own the property around the store that was between Knoxville and Chattanooga (Athens?) separately, so he could still have a similar, new operation there. Assuming that he did not put that real estate up as collateral to borrow against the failing entity. He rented the Alcoa store and got into a legal battle with that landlord over breaking the lease.

Edit: the home base was in Sweetwater. He expanded into Maryville/Alcoa and Lafollette.

Last edited:
I'll be in Knoxville today and would like to buy some retail store shelving if possible.

I represent a company that sells refurbished shelving.
Let me know if you are interested.

Check US Gov property disposal, they have a website where you can bid on lots of stuff and they often have shelving like you are looking for.

VN Store

Back