Glass found in bread products sold in Tennessee, GA, AL, NC

The bread was sold under the brand names Sara Lee, Kroger, Bimbo, Great Value, and L'oven Fresh. When did companies quit making their own products?

Had to check my loaf. I never buy Sara Lee but the gf did.

Sara Lee: Check
AUG 31st: Check
Bakery Code: Just missed it.

Thanks for posting.

Had to check my loaf. I never buy Sara Lee but the gf did.

Sara Lee: Check
AUG 31st: Check
Bakery Code: Just missed it.

Thanks for posting.

where did you find the code number at ? I have a loaf of Sara Lee

where did you find the code number at ? I have a loaf of Sara Lee

According to a company release, the bread sold in Tennessee is Bimbo 100% Whole Wheat Bread 16 oz. with UPC Code 7432309230 and Nature's Harvest Stoneground 100% Whole Wheat Bread 20 oz. with UPC Code 7870080162.

Reactions: 1 person
According to a company release, the bread sold in Tennessee is Bimbo 100% Whole Wheat Bread 16 oz. with UPC Code 7432309230 and Nature's Harvest Stoneground 100% Whole Wheat Bread 20 oz. with UPC Code 7870080162.

Ugh. Have to check my natures own tomorrow.

Yes. I know the corporate greed takeover of many other companies in years past. Just wasn't aware that it had gone this far.

Not a greed thing - plenty of brands you know are all made by the same company and have been for decades.

Go to Proctor and Gamble's website and look at their brands - you'll be shocked at how many products you thought were from separate companies come from the same company. It nothing new - it's just a branding strategy.

For example: Tide, Cheer, Grain, Downey, Ivory Snow, Era, etc are all P&G detergents - 70% of laundry detergents you can buy come from the same company.

The bread was sold under the brand names Sara Lee, Kroger, Bimbo, Great Value, and L'oven Fresh. When did companies quit making their own products?

Well crap, I just had some great value!

Not a greed thing - plenty of brands you know are all made by the same company and have been for decades.

Go to Proctor and Gamble's website and look at their brands - you'll be shocked at how many products you thought were from separate companies come from the same company. It nothing new - it's just a branding strategy.

For example: Tide, Cheer, Grain, Downey, Ivory Snow, Era, etc are all P&G detergents - 70% of laundry detergents you can buy come from the same company.

that was like Anti Freeze years ago,a plant burned down and come to find out there was only like 3 or 4 of them in the states,making all sorts of different brands and with different advertising strategies and prices,come to find out,it was all the same thing

so the cheapest brand was the same stuff as the most expensive

that was like Anti Freeze years ago,a plant burned down and come to find out there was only like 3 or 4 of them in the states,making all sorts of different brands and with different advertising strategies and prices,come to find out,it was all the same thing

Well, I'm not saying they are all the same product - just that they all come from the same company.

For example P&G makes all those detergents I mentioned plus:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Procter_%26_Gamble_brands

This stuff happens a lot.

Sears does not make Craftsman products. Ryobi is a Home Depot only brand, but Techtronic Industries owns it. Techtronics make Craftsman power tools. They also own Hoover vacuums and Homelight chainsaws.

VN Store

Back