Need your help asap

VolAllen

So I'm getting married in Knoxville on Sept 5th....yes....the day of the season opener. Anyways, I'm looking for orange and white checkerboard socks to wear with my suit and they're impossible to find here in SC (haven't had any luck online either). I'll be heading up to Knoxville a few days before the wedding but things will be so hectic I doubt I'll have much time to search for these. So friends, can anyone point me in the right direction? Mods, feel free to delete or move after we get an answer.

Last edited:
ask Quinten Dormady...

https://twitter.com/qdormady/status/484104152046252033

BrfiKB7CYAAD4iX.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Wore a pair to my wedding. The lady friend ordered them off of etsy for me. Check the interwebs.

Getting married the same day as the season opener?? You just couldn't get married this Saturday??

J/k - congrats and hope you and your bride have a lifetime of happiness together

So I'm getting married in Knoxville on Sept 5th....yes....the day of the season opener. Anyways, I'm looking for orange and white checkerboard socks to wear with my suit and they're impossible to find here in SC (haven't had any luck online either). I'll be heading up to Knoxville a few days before the wedding but things will be so hectic I doubt I'll have much time to search for these. So friends, can anyone point me in the right direction? Mods, feel free to delete or move after we get an answer.

not a VFL

While getting married on game day is borderline blasphemy, I give you props for the checkerboard socks. Congrats my good sir.

Reactions: 2 people
not a VFL

Haha well if you must know...we wanted to get married in Knoxville because we love the city. We got engaged after 4 years last October and needed about a year to plan. Conveniently visited the Standard in Knoxville the Friday before the Mizzou game (my excuse to go to the game), loved the venue and then had to pick a date. Didn't want to get married on a home game, definitely didn't want to get married on the UF game, and all the bye weeks were already booked. So we thought...ok, Labor Day weekend, a crap game that we'll def win will be on at the reception, and our guests can attend (the last) BoomsDay. Crowne Plaza gave us a killer deal on like 30 rooms so it's going to be a great weekend.

And to prove my VFL status, we're not going on a honeymoon until AFTER the Oklahoma game and then we'll be making another trip to Knoxville for the WCU game. If I don't bleed orange then I don't know who does lol.

Reactions: 10 people
Good Luck and many many years of happiness but I must decline our invite.. we got football!!! it should be an early morning wedding and come on down to Nashville..

Haha well if you must know...we wanted to get married in Knoxville because we love the city. We got engaged after 4 years last October and needed about a year to plan. Conveniently visited the Standard in Knoxville the Friday before the Mizzou game (my excuse to go to the game), loved the venue and then had to pick a date. Didn't want to get married on a home game, definitely didn't want to get married on the UF game, and all the bye weeks were already booked. So we thought...ok, Labor Day weekend, a crap game that we'll def win will be on at the reception, and our guests can attend (the last) BoomsDay. Crowne Plaza gave us a killer deal on like 30 rooms so it's going to be a great weekend.

And to prove my VFL status, we're not going on a honeymoon until AFTER the Oklahoma game and then we'll be making another trip to Knoxville for the WCU game. If I don't bleed orange then I don't know who does lol.

That is one helluva excellent set of arguments in mitigation and extenuation. Here you go, sir, your VFL card back.

But please let us know if your beautiful bride gives you any grief about the socks. She's still under scrutiny.

Go Vols! And Best of Luck to the Both of You!

That is one helluva excellent set of arguments in mitigation and extenuation. Here you go, sir, your VFL card back.

But please let us know if your beautiful bride gives you any grief about the socks. She's still under scrutiny.

Go Vols! And Best of Luck to the Both of You!

She is the one that said I had to find them!

VN Store

Back