End of Life for My Mother-in-Law

SergeantVol

Sarge4Mod
I know this thread doesn't belong here. I wanted to get maximum exposure before it gets moved.

Back in June, I started a thread in the Pub asking for prayers for my Mother-in-Law. She was given a prognosis of end stage COPD and was put on hospice care. A couple days ago, my family received news that she only has a couple days left. Today, the nurses told us that she would probably not make it through the night. Since the drive up from Mississippi, I have begun to make funeral arrangements. My Mother-in-Law does not have life insurance. The only surviving family is my wife and her sister (plus a total of 7 grand babies). I am not one to really ask for help of any kind. I have set up a gofundme page in an attempt to offset funeral costs. So I ask this of my Vol Nation family, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If you can not donate, please pray for my family as we try to help my Mother-in-Law depart this world with dignity and respect. She is truly one of the greatest women I have had the privilege to know.

Burial for Mother-In-Law by Timothy Chilson - GoFundMe

Reactions: 6 people
Times like this their are no words. I wish I had something great to say to lighten the burden.. however I do not. We all must face death at one point or another, I hope she is ready. I will pray for the family and loved ones when I lay down tonight.

Man I'm sorry to hear this Sarge. Prayers sent.

Prayers sent brother.
Donors, y'all are truly VOLUNTEERS!!!
Makes me proud to be a VOL.

Praying for you and your family brother. The Gospel has defeated and is greater than death.

Don't ever post here. Just lurk to for entertainment purposes and the occasional GFW drive by.

But this compelled me to send a note - just to say I'm very sorry and I know what you're going through. Very similar situation actually. My father in law is also in the final stages of COPD, which is just a terrible and painful way to go. In fact, he's been in hospital now for past several days in Mississippi where he lives due to bad episode he recently suffered - hoping he makes it out. My wife is also the only family he has as her brother passed away in May in a tragic car accident at 29 years old (a fun year for my wife).

So sending my prayers your way hoping you and your wife find comfort in this difficult time and that you mother in law goes peacefully and painless as possible.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't ever post here. Just lurk to for entertainment purposes and the occasional GFW drive by.

But this compelled me to send a note - just to say I'm very sorry and I know what you're going through. Very similar situation actually. My father in law is also in the final stages of COPD, which is just a terrible and painful way to go. In fact, he's been in hospital now for past several days in Mississippi where he lives due to bad episode he recently suffered - hoping he makes it out. My wife is also the only family he has as her brother passed away in May in a tragic car accident at 29 years old (a fun year for my wife).

So sending my prayers your way hoping you and your wife find comfort in this difficult time and that you mother in law goes peacefully and painless as possible.

So sorry to hear that. Praying for your family too.

Sorry for your families loss. It hurts for a long time. My brother-in-law passed suddenly Tuesday and it's hard to go on when someone so close dies. Prayers to your wife, yourself and the rest of the family.

Been through it twice now. Just as recently as last month. Very difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. No matter what anyone says.....you know it's coming, but you'll never be "ready". God bless and keep you and your family in his love.

Thank you all so much for all the help and assistance. Vol Nation truly is a family. I am not sure if I have enough words to express the thanks that my family and I feeling from yalls out pouring of support. It is one of the few comforts we have to sustain us during this time.

Prayers for you and your family. I'm sorry for what you're going through.

All of my best wishes for you and your wife's healing during this difficult time Sarge.

VN Store

Back