Pretty Large Meteor Shower - 10pm ET

MphsBlues

Just a half hour away, you may want to take a peek outside. They are pretty cool.

Seems like it's always cloudy when something cool like this is going on.

I thought is was last night - went out but the weather wasn't great. I'm on the top of a big ridge and if there's any cloud cover it reflects the lights from down below.

Should be clear tonight - I'm looking forward to it.

Hope your kids get a kick out of it

Seems like it's always cloudy when something cool like this is going on.

it has been cloudy or raining most of the time for the meteor shower this time of year,hopefully it will be a great show this year,i will get out late and check it out,I think 4am is suppose to be the peak

it has been cloudy or raining most of the time for the meteor shower this time of year,hopefully it will be a great show this year,i will get out late and check it out,I think 4am is suppose to be the peak

According to NASA, it's supposed to end at 2 ET. If memory serves, which is questionable :)

look North East,it is actually better to just look up,if your in a lawn chair,laying down,point your feet to the NE and look up

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astr.../moonless-nights-make-for-fine-2015-perseids/

if it is going good,it will look like there flying every which way,they skip around when they hit the atmosphere,try to get away from all the light that you can,it makes seeing the faint ones easier

and you should be able to spot some for the next couple of days too

yes tonight is the peak,it has been going on probably for several days,if you can stay up late,it will be better in the AM

the first time I was told to watch for it,there were meteors flying before it got dark,it was amazing

Sitting out back watching... Perfectly clear in west K-town. Saw 3-4 good ones last night.

great,i will get outside shortly,I've got to get my office chair out on the front deck first lol and a few more things done

3 so far. All from due north to just below Ursa Major. All low on the horizon.

VN Store

Back