Nashville Restaurants (Downtown)

volnSC

Hey guys. Like many of you in excited as I can be about the return of Tennessee Football. Last week I purchased my tickets for the opener in Nashville so I'm taking my wife and 3 year old son. I found out that a very good customer/friend is going to the game and staying right across the street from us so I wanted to take him and his wife to dinner Friday night. Can you recommend somewhere with a lively atmosphere while still being family friendly? Also would I need reservations? Thanks guys and Go Vols!

First off, that weekend will be crazy. The lower Broad area is always packed on the weekends but add in a UT game and it'll be a madhouse. Lower Broad is considered 1st Ave to 5th Ave on Broadway then north to about Printers Alley.

IMO, for the most part the restaurants will be family friends. The honkey tonks, not so much but they would be the "lively" you are looking for. If you choose to stay in that area there are plenty to choose from but be prepared to wait.

If you venture out just a bit, the hot area right now is called 12 South or The Gulch. Very unique and fun restaurants that would be ok for a family. Not that far from lower broad. Might be a little more expensive but very fun. Just google restaurants and gulch for the variety. Hard to recommend one not knowing your taste.

As for specifics, a little farther up the road is one of my favs, South Street. Turns to more of a bar later in the night but the fun is good and fun. Nashville's Top Restaurant for Smoked Ribs, Pulled Pork, Pumped Chicken, Crab & Slab, Southern Broil, Steak & Biscuits, Smokin' Thighs, hungry yet?

Close to South Street is a fun lively place called SoulShine. Don't let the name fool you - there's more than pizza. For the most part its family friendly. Soulshine Pizza Factory | Nashville, TN | Full Menu | Two Full Bars | Outdoor Seating | Live Music Venue | Two Stages | Two Levels

If you want to get nutty, I've been to this place twice and liked it. Not as "lively" as you might like but its a tapas bar and when you get a paella its big and you share with all. Very, very good. The items on the tapas side are very unique and quite tasty. AMERICANO- FREESTYLE TAPAS BAR

There's plenty more places and others will chime in with their favs, I'm sure.

With a three year-old I would be thinking Peg Leg Porker. The places within walking distance of the central business district might be a little too hectic on a Friday night. I don't think there aren't any places that both take reservations and would be somewhere you would feel comfortable there with a small child.

What's that brewery place in the old brick building on West End Avenue on the right about a mile or two west of downtown? I've been there about three times and it was always great.

Thanks for the replies guys. I need a place with some simple American fare because my wife and son are very picky eaters.

The Pub in the Gulch is a British Pub, it has some good stuff.

Jack Brown's has some really good burgers. It's in Germantown.

Rotier's on Elliston isn't bad.

Taco Mamacita in Edgehill Village has good non-traditional tacos, in case they'd be into that.

Desano on 16th has good brick oven pizza.

There are a few pretty decent places not too far from downtown. I didn't list anything really ethnic since you said the family was kind of picky.

Rotier's on Elliston isn't bad.

Taco Mamacita in Edgehill Village has good non-traditional tacos, in case they'd be into that.

Desano on 16th has good brick oven pizza.

There are a few pretty decent places not too far from downtown. I didn't list anything really ethnic since you said the family was kind of picky.

Desano >>>>

Thanks for the replies guys. I need a place with some simple American fare because my wife and son are very picky eaters.

For simple American food you could check out Puckett's. It's pretty decent, in the heart of downtown, and had a pretty standard American menu. If also kid friendly. Not sure about the reservation situation though.

The Southern is amazing but it's a little fancier take on southern food. I love it but picky eaters might want to check out the menu online first.

For simple American food you could check out Puckett's. It's pretty decent, in the heart of downtown, and had a pretty standard American menu. If also kid friendly. Not sure about the reservation situation though.

The Southern is amazing but it's a little fancier take on southern food. I love it but picky eaters might want to check out the menu online first.

Forgot about Puckett's. That's a great choice.

Good stuff. Five Points is my favorite and Bella is really good too.

I went to the Woodland Wine Merchant yesterday and saw Five Points for the first time. I've always heard good things. I'll have to check it out.

Really want to try these.

Favorite burger in Nashville is Gabby's by far. Pharmacy makes some good specialty burgers too.

Mas Tacos is a favorite for tacos and that tortilla soup tho, but always down to try other stuff.

Really want to try these.

Favorite burger in Nashville is Gabby's by far. Pharmacy makes some good specialty burgers too.

Mas Tacos is a favorite for tacos and that tortilla soup tho, but always down to try other stuff.

Jack Brown's had a habanero burger that was great, really hot tho.

I've wanted to try Mas Tacos forever, but I'm rate on that side of Nashville since I live in Hickman Co.

The Pharmacy has great burgers too, tho. Haven't tried Gabbys yet.

VN Store

Back