West Nile Mosquitos In Knox Country

Coug

West Nile found in Knox County | WATE 6 On Your Side

The health department said the infected mosquitoes were found the in the Gulf Park/Venice Road, Fourth Avenue and Fairmont Boulevard areas. The areas will be sprayed on Thursday, August 13 between 9 p.m. and midnight, weather permitting.

Knox County Health Department spray areas

Gulf Park/Venice Road

Dutchtown Road from Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK) to Blessed Way, including Manis Lane and the area around CAK; Embarcadero Drive; Cortez Drive; Tallahassee Drive; Sanders Road from Dutchtown Road to Venice Road; Venice Road; Ethans Glen Drive; Tampa Road; Suwannee Road; Gulf Park Drive; Galveston Road; Naples Road; Sarasota Drive; Mobile Drive; Briarwood Drive; Laurel Hill Road; and the areas around Cedar Bluff Primary and Cedar Bluff Middle School will be treated Thursday.

Fourth Avenue

Cooper Street north of West Fifth Avenue; West Fifth Avenue from Cooper Street to Boyd Street; West Fourth Avenue; Elm Street; Marion Street; Dameron Avenue; Hatton Avenue; Burgess Avenue; Baxter Avenue from Elm Street to Wray Street; Lee Street; and Bernard Avenue will be treated.

Fairmont Boulevard

North on Walker Boulevard from Powers Street to Mineral Street; East on Valley View Drive to Whittle Springs Golf Course; South West on Maxwell Street from Arbor Place to Edgewood Avenue; West of Edgewood Avenue from Maxwell Street to Barton Street; North on Barton Street from Edgewood Avenue to Fairmont Boulevard; and North on Kuhlman Street from Fairmont Boulevard to Walker Boulevard will be treated Thursday evening.

We had here in Georgia several years ago. An elderly lady died not far from where we lived at the time.

it's more specifically a killer to elderly, children, and others predisposed to issues due to weak immune systems...right?

it's more specifically a killer to elderly, children, and others predisposed to issues due to weak immune systems...right?

Yes, like most viral illnesses, West Nile is more dangerous in those groups.

If the annual tradition holds, they'll find it in Cumberland Estates or Victor ashe park next week.

Seems like we're usually on the 2nd round of spraying for west nile.

If the annual tradition holds, they'll find it in Cumberland Estates or Victor ashe park next week.

Seems like we're usually on the 2nd round of spraying for west nile.

If we're being honest they're probably county wide already. The places mentioned are simply places where they happened to catch them and test them.

If we're being honest they're probably county wide already. The places mentioned are simply places where they happened to catch them and test them.

True.

Insect repellant is in order, for sure. WNV is nothing to mess with.

True.

Insect repellant is in order, for sure. WNV is nothing to mess with.

It's kind of scary but from what the CDC has to offer about the virus your chances of a full recovery if contracting it are extremely good.

"West Nile virus (WNV) is most commonly transmitted to humans by mosquitoes. You can reduce your risk of being infected with WNV by using insect repellent and wearing protective clothing to prevent mosquito bites. There are no medications to treat or vaccines to prevent WNV infection. Fortunately, most people infected with WNV will have no symptoms. About 1 in 5 people who are infected will develop a fever with other symptoms. Less than 1% of infected people develop a serious, sometimes fatal, neurologic illness."

West Nile virus | West Nile Virus | CDC

I just treated my back yard with an OFF brand treatment for killing mosquito eggs and larvae. I treated it about a month or so ago, and it seems to be working decently. Of course I'm near a lake and woods, but I just want to deter them from multiplying in my yard.

The **** they spray decimated the lobster population here, it's really awful stuff, does more harm than good.

It's kind of scary but from what the CDC has to offer about the virus your chances of a full recovery if contracting it are extremely good.

"West Nile virus (WNV) is most commonly transmitted to humans by mosquitoes. You can reduce your risk of being infected with WNV by using insect repellent and wearing protective clothing to prevent mosquito bites. There are no medications to treat or vaccines to prevent WNV infection. Fortunately, most people infected with WNV will have no symptoms. About 1 in 5 people who are infected will develop a fever with other symptoms. Less than 1% of infected people develop a serious, sometimes fatal, neurologic illness."

West Nile virus | West Nile Virus | CDC

True. Serious disease is much more common in the elderly.

The **** they spray decimated the lobster population here, it's really awful stuff, does more harm than good.

Killing some lobsters is worth saving some lives or preventing people from getting deadly sick IMO. I'm sure you're exaggerating about decimating that big of the population too. If that was true, the spray would be banned.

Killing some lobsters is worth saving some lives or preventing people from getting deadly sick IMO. I'm sure you're exaggerating about decimating that big of the population too. If that was true, the spray would be banned.

Have you ever eaten a lobster?

Reactions: 1 person

If you connect the dots it's pretty obvious, look into it. And West Nile is just another boogeyman, but go ahead and live afraid.

If you connect the dots it's pretty obvious, look into it. And West Nile is just another boogeyman, but go ahead and live afraid.

It might not be as bad as portrayed, but I have a family friend in a wheelchair who would disagree that it is a "boogeyman".

VN Store

Back