Arian Foster discussion (split)

Foster being banned from practice is a positive thing for this university. At one point the burning of bridges leaves you stranded.

Reactions: 6 people
Foster being banned from practice is a positive thing for this university. At one point the burning of bridges leaves you stranded.

Hope it's just for all the ancillary bull and not the religious thing...bad enough that he's going to Hell. :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Foster is a tool, not because of his beliefs, but because of how he comes across. He wants to be inflammatory in everything he does. He likes to get a reaction out of people. That's not being a free thinker, that's being an @$$hole.

Reactions: 19 people
Hope it's just for all the ancillary bull and not the religious thing...bad enough that he's going to Hell. :naughty:

100% agree. He's just a cancer and his mind isn't working well for him these days. Has to hear himself say stupid crap too often.

Reactions: 5 people

Agreed. Talking about booster money and tacogate will naturally have consequences, and he is aware of that. His religious beliefs shouldn't have any bearing on vfl status though.

Reactions: 7 people
I guess all that taco grease was still on his hands Saturdays, because he couldn't hold a football to save his life. I'd personally love to put some tacos down his throat right now to shut his ass up.

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed. Talking about booster money and tacogate will naturally have consequences, and he is aware of that. His religious beliefs shouldn't have any bearing on vfl status though.

His VFL status should've been revoked long before anybody knew what his religious beliefs are. Throwing your school under the bus and all but inviting the NCAA to come to campus after throwing bogus allegations out to the media should've done it, not whether or not he's a Buddhist.

Reactions: 5 people
Foster is a tool, not because of his beliefs, but because of how he comes across. He wants to be inflammatory in everything he does. He likes to get a reaction out of people. That's not being a free thinker, that's being an @$$hole.

Yep

And now Foster is likely out for most or all of this season. Not that I would wish bad on anyone, but Karma? You get what you give.

Who cares if Arian is an atheist? That should have no bearing on his relationship with UT. Running his mouth about money is pretty crappy, but he wants to blow up the system. I disagree with the manner in which he is doing it and would be fine if this was the reason for the ban. His religious comments are his opinion. His complaints of not going to a black church for a team building exercise, if true, are something that should be rectified.

Arian was a good back at UT and for that I applaud him.

Reactions: 11 people
It's clear that no one here actually read the Foster article. It was, and probably still is, on ESPN by the way.
It was a pretty well done piece. AF says that when he was younger, including his time at Tennessee, he was provocative in his attitudes about not just religion, but race, student athletes, etc. He chalks it up to youthful naivety, which I think we all can understand. He's a smart dude so it might have been a little more cutting. It really seems that he has matured as he's gotten older and he says as much. Despite being an atheist his daughter is attending a Catholic school so he's definitely allowing his own family to make up their own minds, which, again, shows maturity.
As for some of you taking the responsibility on yourself to take away VFL status without knowing a man, well, you may as well be a Bammer. The honor of being a VFL for these guys has to be respected by us as much as them. If it's just an indication of our own likes and dislikes and not how much work they put in while they're wearing the orange, which I don't think anyone will argue Arian Foster did, then there is no value to the VFL badge.
You don't have to like the man, though I think someone's religious beliefs is a pretty poor rationale to make that decision. Some of the things he's said come off a little strange. You'll notice that UT didn't get into any trouble on the taco thing as, I've heard, he checked with lawyers first to confirm that statute of limitations had already expired. He says what he feels and that's not always a bad thing. I'm proud to have him as a fellow alumnus.

Reactions: 12 people
It's clear that no one here actually read the Foster article. It was, and probably still is, on ESPN by the way.
It was a pretty well done piece. AF says that when he was younger, including his time at Tennessee, he was provocative in his attitudes about not just religion, but race, student athletes, etc. He chalks it up to youthful naivety, which I think we all can understand. He's a smart dude so it might have been a little more cutting. It really seems that he has matured as he's gotten older and he says as much. Despite being an atheist his daughter is attending a Catholic school so he's definitely allowing his own family to make up their own minds, which, again, shows maturity.
As for some of you taking the responsibility on yourself to take away VFL status without knowing a man, well, you may as well be a Bammer. The honor of being a VFL for these guys has to be respected by us as much as them. If it's just an indication of our own likes and dislikes and not how much work they put in while they're wearing the orange, which I don't think anyone will argue Arian Foster did, then there is no value to the VFL badge.
You don't have to like the man, though I think someone's religious beliefs is a pretty poor rationale to make that decision. Some of the things he's said come off a little strange. You'll notice that UT didn't get into any trouble on the taco thing as, I've heard, he checked with lawyers first to confirm that statute of limitations had already expired. He says what he feels and that's not always a bad thing. I'm proud to have him as a fellow alumnus.

Nobody's saying he's not a VFL because his "religious beliefs". Fans were saying the hell with this cat long before, like when he made some very derogatory statements about the university and football program's practices when he was there....which have pretty much been refuted as having been lies by other players and teammates of his while at UT.

He's on some stupid crusade to appear to be some renaissance man who's gonna blow up the college system....and in doing so very selfishly and callously disparaged the college program that provided him scholarship and stage for an eventual NFL career. I don't like the prick and he's my least favorite former player...he can pound sand IMO.

Reactions: 8 people

A lot of what Arian has said has been recent, like the last couple of years. He may of said that he has matured, but his actions say something totally different. Everything he does is to get a rise out of people. The only genuine thing I have seen him do publicly is be thankful when the Texans resigned him to a large contract. Everything else is the Arian Foster show.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't like the prick and he's my least favorite former player...he can pound sand IMO.

There have been former players who actually killed people yet Foster is you least favorite because he says things you don't like? Might want to reorder those priorities a bit

Reactions: 7 people
I think the Arian thing is being blown up. The big picture was this is a guy that likes sound bites that don't align with great PR so why bother.

Reactions: Weezer
His VFL status should've been revoked long before anybody knew what his religious beliefs are. Throwing your school under the bus and all but inviting the NCAA to come to campus after throwing bogus allegations out to the media should've done it, not whether or not he's a Buddhist.

I have no problem doubting Foster's religious beliefs. He has shown before he would not recognize the truth if it hit him smack between the eyes.

Reactions: 1 person
I got no beef with Arian Foster. He may be a blowhard do of us, but I don't think he has done anything malicious to the university. Am I wrong?

VN Store

Back