Who has been the best athlete of 2015?

crusse10

THIS MAN IS A PERVERT
So far, I can only really think of 4 athletes to put on the list

Serena Williams: 3-0 in Majors, 40-1 total season record
Jordan Spieth: 2-1 in Majors, 11 Top 10 finishes, 4 total wins
Ronda Rousey: 2-0 in a total of 48 seconds
American Pharoah/Victor Espinoza: 6 races: 6 wins by a combined 30 lengths (most of which Espinoza never pushed him and pulled him up at the end), first Triple Crown winner since 1978 (6th fastest Belmont Stakes time ever)

Anyone you'd add?

Last edited:
Steph curry
Kyle Busch

I admit that I know nothing about NASCAR. As for Steph, I understand why he'd be on the list, but I don't see him being a legit contender for the title of best athlete. His team basically won in spite of multiple bad games by him in the Finals.

I admit that I know nothing about NASCAR. As for Steph, I understand why he'd be on the list, but I don't see him being a legit contender for the title of best athlete. His team basically won in spite of multiple bad games by him in the Finals.

True, that's a really fair point. Probably might want to swap it out for Lebron. Even though he was pretty inefficient.

Kyle Busch gets the nod, because he has been the hottest driver on the NASCAR circuit since his injury. Small sample size, but he's good.

So far, I can only really think of 4 athletes to put on the list

Serena Williams: 3-0 in Majors, 40-1 total season record
Jordan Spieth: 2-1 in Majors, 11 Top 10 finishes, 4 total wins
Ronda Rousey: 2-0 in a total of 48 seconds
American Pharoah/Victor Espinoza: 6 races: 6 wins by a combined 30 lengths (most of which Espinoza never pushed him and pulled him up at the end), first Triple Crown winner since 1978 (6th fastest Belmont Stakes time ever)

Anyone you'd add?

Ronda Rousey is the only answer and it's not close. Serena is a distance second.

I want to say Serena and Rhonda hands down, but neither have beat me at their sport yet, so.....:)

Why would a driver ever be in the running? :eek:lol:

I'd go with Rousey since the dominance is ridiculous

Reactions: 1 person
Because they're not athletes? Silly to suggest otherwise

I'll never understand how one of the board's biggest trolls gets to be a mod.

If you're going to respond you're not trolling, what I'd call you gets me banned, so let's just keep with you're a troll.

And ftr, racing is boring to me. But they're clearly athletes

Reactions: 1 person
Rousey, for 48 seconds of work? Best athlete of the year? Laughable.

imo the proof that she's one of the best athletes of the year is that, in a sport where you only fight twice or thrice a year, she could double or triple that because people can barely land a punch before she's got them incapacitated and either tapping out or snoozing face-down in the octagon

I'll never understand how one of the board's biggest trolls gets to be a mod.

If you're going to respond you're not trolling, what I'd call you gets me banned, so let's just keep with you're a troll.

And ftr, racing is boring to me. But they're clearly athletes

If I was trolling I would post my opinions on racing in the Nascar forum. Someone brought this to the pub so I offered my opinion. You simply don't understand the word you keep using

I see nothing athletic about a short person driving a souped up car. It's not like I'm the only one with this opinion. I would say it's a pretty common thought outside of the south

If I was trolling I would post my opinions on racing in the Nascar forum. Someone brought this to the pub so I offered my opinion. You simply don't understand the word you keep using

I see nothing athletic about a short person driving a souped up car. It's not like I'm the only one with this opinion. I would say it's a pretty common thought outside of the south

Do you feel the same about golf?

I wouldn't exactly call John smoke-a-pack-a-hole Daly strutting up the 17th at Augusta in pink pants athletic either.

I don't know if I have a definition for what a sport is, honestly. What would yours be? Sounds like you're putting a large emphasis on height and athleticism from your post I quoted.

FTR I can't stand auto racing, either

Do you feel the same about golf?

I never mentioned golf but it takes more athletic skill than driving a car.
I don't know if I have a definition for what a sport is, honestly. What would yours be? Sounds like you're putting a large emphasis on height and athleticism from your post I quoted.

FTR I can't stand auto racing, either

Never said a word about having to be tall but drivers are tiny. To be called an athlete I believe you need to do something athletic. There's nothing terribly athletic about driving a car. My great grandma did it until she was 94

I never mentioned golf but it takes more athletic skill than driving a car.

Never said a word about having to be tall but drivers are tiny. To be called an athlete I believe you need to do something athletic. There's nothing terribly athletic about driving a car. My great grandma did it until she was 94

My grandfather played golf until he was 95. (Now he wasn't any good) I don't think you have to be terribly athletic to play golf, eh?

I would agree it takes more athletic ability to play golf than drive a car.

Do you view golf as a sport?

My grandfather played golf until he was 95. (Now he wasn't any good) I don't think you have to be terribly athletic to play golf, eh?

I would agree it takes more athletic ability to play golf than drive a car.

Do you view golf as a sport?
I'm not saying anything about golf. I don't understand why you're so hung up on it. It's light years different than sitting in a seat while turning a wheel

Example - I don't view a person competing in a rifle competition to be an athlete. Now if you change that to the biathlon then they are

VN Store

Back