The best food you ever had >>> steak, Italian, Mexican >>>etc

paella on the Mediterranean coast of Spain was ahhhhmazing

also a properly-done crawfish boil

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'd like to try that

I loved when Sangrias was open in Market Square. They had a black squid ink paella that, just thinking about it, is making my mouth water. It wasn't as good as Spain, but I mean...they were taking the meat right out of the Mediterranean lol tough to beat

the orange roughy at the Riverfront Seafood Co in Kingsport was pretty good,it could be that i like orange roughy too :)

Attachments

• EatByTheRiver-e1361845942371.jpg
    EatByTheRiver-e1361845942371.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I just learned that a restaurant named Homeland Food Cafe exists in Oak Ridge, and that they make paella. Anyone have a comment on their paella, or at least other Spanish dishes?

well actually it would have to be Thanksgiving at Grand Maw's with all my old relatives helping her out,of course those days are long gone,but i haven't forgotten them

whether the bird came out perfect or it was on the dry side or burnt,it was all ways some great food ,company and a load of fun

and I do have to put my mom's Banana Pudding in there,me and my cousins and Uncles would try to get done with the meal and be the first one to dig in,good times for sure :)

Reactions: 1 person
that sounds great crusse 10,and I did get to eat some home made Easter Bread in Italy,years ago,it was great

I was in the Navy and a couple of us met this kind old lady and she took us to her home and shared it with us,because we were young and away from home,now that is some Italian hospitality,I will never forget that bread

oh, the true tenderloin from a hog being butchered with home made biscuits and gravy,i haven't done that in years either :) we had downed 6 hogs the last time i done that

and some head cheese,that was made later,it was good,that is a hard one to explain :)

and lets not forget the home made bacon from them either,I don't know if there is still a place that will smoke bacon left or not

and i almost forgot to add in the Country Ham, of course my heart doctor says to stay away from all that :)

i can't believe I left out the Pork chops too lol

Last edited:
I just learned that a restaurant named Homeland Food Cafe exists in Oak Ridge, and that they make paella. Anyone have a comment on their paella, or at least other Spanish dishes?

I haven't been to the place in Oak Ridge but the best paella I've ever tried was at a place in New Orleans called Lola's. Menu - Lolas

I personally prefer the Fideua which is the exact same dish as Paella only made with angel hair pasta instead of rice.

oh, the true tenderloin from a hog being butchered with home made biscuits and gravy,i haven't done that in years either :) we had downed 6 hogs the last time i done that

and some head cheese,that was made later,it was good,that is a hard one to explain :)

and lets not forget the home made bacon from them either,I don't know if there is still a place that will smoke bacon left or not

and i almost forgot to add in the Country Ham, of course my heart doctor says to stay away from all that :)

i can't believe I left out the Pork chops too lol

I thought I was weird

I would love me some hogs head right now

it's great isn't it Keith ? lol and hard to explain at the same time

hmm lets not forget about Blue Gill or Small Mouth Bass,filleted and rolled in cornmeal and deep fried,with some fried green maters, squash fried like the maters ,with some hush puppies and french fries,some green onions and fresh radishes from the garden,that will keep the heart doctors in business for sure lol

i forgot to add some kilted or is it killed ? lettuce in there too

Last edited:

hmm lets not forget about Blue Gill or Small Mouth Bass,filleted and rolled in cornmeal and deep fried,with some fried green maters, squash fried like the maters ,with some hush puppies and french fries,some green onions and fresh radishes from the garden,that will keep the heart doctors in business for sure lol

It's killed lettuce and don't forget the horney heads

its funny i was thinking of sushi i ate last week when i made the thread

but the i started thinking about it and then you posted

wow

I would love me some cube steak and some gravy and biscuits about now

I used to kill animals when I was a teenager

and she was so proud to cook them

i killed the hell out of the squirles

when i killed my first deer it seemed like a never ending feast

it was all slow cooked

I loved when Sangrias was open in Market Square. They had a black squid ink paella that, just thinking about it, is making my mouth water. It wasn't as good as Spain, but I mean...they were taking the meat right out of the Mediterranean lol tough to beat

Rolf and Daughters in Nashville has a squid ink pasta that is supposedly on point.

VN Store

Back