Cecil The Lion

unconventional
U.S. dentist regrets role in Cecil the lion's death - CNN.com

Yeah right. Dude regrets nothing. He kills living life for enjoyment. Who does that? I myself don't hunt because I have no desire to kill an animal myself and take care of skinning it and cutting it up for food. I know you can take it to a butcher but I just have no desire to do any of that. With that being said, I have no problem with hunters what so ever. I know many of them enjoy it which would never be my cup of tea but at least they do it for a reason. Killing an animal for food doesn't bother me. Animals kill other animals for food because that's nature. What's not nature or natural... killing stuff for the thrill. That guy pays 50 grand just to kill something living for the fun of it. That's disturbing on many levels.

The guy obviously doesn't care and only regrets it because he regrets the backlash that came with it. If you look at his other photos, he's standing next to other endangered animals that he took the liberty of ending. He doesn't care as long he gets the thrill of killing something and mounting it's head on a wall while making its fur into a rug or coat. I assume that's what he does with it as it's all he took from Cecil.

And if you want to call it a sport... go at it alone. Don't use a big heavy duty vehicle to hide in, with a group of armed people behind you to put it down should you lose the fight. How is putting meat on a bumper of a vehicle and luring an animal out of it's habitat(a protected one at that) and then shooting it with a crossbow only to finish it off with a gun 40 hours(as it suffers) later, a sport? Fishing in a fish tank isn't a sport and neither is what that guy paid 50 grand to do. It's no different than the King of the Hill episode when Hank takes Bobby hunting for the first time to a camp that had platforms set up in trees and had feeders that would turn on below when customers were ready to "hunt". Ol' Hank knew that wasn't hunting but rather, wrong.

For this nerdy lookin' mf'er to go around acting like killing animals that were led to slaughter is a sport, I question what goes on in his mind. Whatever it is, it's not normal. Wanting to kill anything what so ever for the sake of killing it isn't normal. If you're in a fit of rage and you feel in that moment you could kill someone, that's different. You're obviously not in a normal state of mind when that occurs and normal people don't actually do it, it passes. This guy in a normal state of mind says to himself "I want to go kill an animal and take it's head and fur. 50 grand for the thrill of the kill, worth it". And I'm sure he thinks endangered animals are even more of a prize. I wouldn't doubt for a second he knew about that lion(how could his native group leading him not know?) and what they were doing by luring it out. Why have any Lions head when you can have a famous Lion's head? They even tried to destroy the collar. They knew exactly what they were doing when they lured the Lion into a zone that allows hunting and they knew exactly who they were killing.

Dude has been in trouble in the past for illegally killing a black bear. Only had to travel from Minnesota to Wisconsin as opposed to traveling to another country to commit that crime. And as previously mentioned, he's killed other endangered animals that he stands next to. I think he killed both an endangered rhino and or whale(maybe just one of the two). And the best part of all about this story? The story states that all of Cecil's cubs will most likely be killed by the next male in line that takes over the pride to remove Cecil's bloodline and insert his own. Awesome, right? Neato burrito.

I'm sure a lot of people here think Sharon Osbourne is a crazy liberal loon but I'm with her and her comments on twitter. Sorry, but paying 50 grand... going to another country across the world... luring an (endangered)animal with food... and killing it as it's trying to eat... f*** that guy. That's not a sport, that's pathetic. And disturbing.

Saron Osbourne ‏@MrsSOsbourne

I hope that #WalterPalmer loses his home, his practice & his money. He has already lost his soul...

Sharon Osbourne ‏@MrsSOsbourne

...When he dies, I hope someone mounts his ugly ass head to the wall. #WalterPalmer is a COWARD.

The idiotic thing about smug bastards like Walter Palmer... these dumb mf'ers are willing to help eliminate an endangered species for the thrill of the kill/trophies(head, fur, horns) and ultimately no reason in the end. We're all gonna die someday, he's not taking those "trophies" with him. Smug pricks like him who do this s*** are so entitled and feel they're above both the endangered animals they hunt and the law. They'll wipe out a species for trophies they'll leave behind when they die. Only difference is, I doubt their life will be shortened by an arrow as they suffer for almost two days only to be finished off by a bullet as they struggled to survive. What a bunch of sick m'fers who do that s***. jmo

Reactions: 8 people
Who hunts lions?

People with too much money. And people who enjoy killing. They enjoyed the lion's suffering for 40 hours before finally ending him. Seems as if the dentist enjoys killing and watching the pain/suffering his victims endure. Up next... humans. I'm sure he can find some foreign country where human hunting is offered.

Reactions: 2 people
I highly doubt he wounds on purpose. Maybe he is just not a good shot but I don't think he wants to run the risk of losing his trophy

I have hunted most of my life and find trophy hunters to be the exact opposite of what I was taught in the woods. This guy is clearly no different

Reactions: 1 person
If he loses his business he will not have 50 grand to pay for this slaughter of protected animals. I am pro hunt all the way but this is perverted.

I highly doubt he wounds on purpose. Maybe he is just not a good shot but I don't think he wants to run the risk of losing his trophy

I have hunted most of my life and find trophy hunters to be the exact opposite of what I was taught in the woods. This guy is clearly no different

Yeah, most likely. I don't know why they'd wait 40 hours otherwise. It's just bothersome the extent and effort he put in for this trophy kill.

Like I said, hunters are fine by me. They go for the clean kill and only kill what they're going to eat. Well, that's how hunters I know always been. You see kids shooting birds or squirrels because they don't know any better but I don't know any adult hunters who would do that.

Agree, I find trophy hunting disgusting, and I'm a guy who gets into the woods at every opportunity.

Reactions: 3 people
He's clearly a sadistic person. Serial killers are known to torture animals before they move on to killing people. this guy is probably not far removed from that mindset.

On a side note.. What is the deer population in TN?? Seems like there is more than ever.. I bet I see 5 or more a day near my house

He's clearly a sadistic person. Serial killers are known to torture animals before they move on to killing people. this guy is probably not far removed from that mindset.

Knowing his love for killing helpless animals that he's lured to slaughter... and seeing this story about another dentist recently...

Brandi Motley exposed Florida dentist Howard Schneider about his children's practice | Daily Mail Online

Makes you wonder what Walter Palmer is doing to his patients. Being the predator he is, there's always...

Dentist Is Charged With Rape - NYTimes.com

I doubt he does that stuff but I mean, I wouldn't want him as my dentist. If he likes killing stuff, maybe he'll intentionally use a little too much nitrous to kill a person for the thrill and claim it's an accident. Who knows? I wouldn't be a patient to find out after this story.

On a side note.. What is the deer population in TN?? Seems like there is more than ever.. I bet I see 5 or more a day near my house

I'm not sure but my stepdad told me that (last year I believe) they were allowed 5 does a day. Yes a day. Now where he hunts in Tennessee may be the key to this.

I generally have no issue with "normal" hunting, but this is sick. Luring a lion that happens to be very popular off a protected area to kill it is cowardly and shameful. And posing with the animals you kill like you did something awesome is pathetic.

Having said that, the death threats against him are clearly over the line but I have no problem with him being punished according to the law, if convicted.

I don't see how this is torture. I think it takes a different kind of person to hunt like this but I don't believe it's torture
I generally have no issue with "normal" hunting, but this is sick. Luring a lion that happens to be very popular off a protected area to kill it is cowardly and shameful. And posing with the animals you kill like you did something awesome is pathetic.

Having said that, the death threats against him are clearly over the line but I have no problem with him being punished according to the law, if convicted.
Whether he knew the animal had been baited is probably up for debate. There are some truly dumb hunters and I would put someone who only travels and pays for guided hunts in that category. He's simply a shooter

Knowing his love for killing helpless animals that he's lured to slaughter... and seeing this story about another dentist recently...

Brandi Motley exposed Florida dentist Howard Schneider about his children's practice | Daily Mail Online

Makes you wonder what Walter Palmer is doing to his patients. Being the predator he is, there's always...

Dentist Is Charged With Rape - NYTimes.com

I doubt he does that stuff but I mean, I wouldn't want him as my dentist. If he likes killing stuff, maybe he'll intentionally use a little too much nitrous to kill a person for the thrill and claim it's an accident. Who knows? I wouldn't be a patient to find out after this story.

Nothing like a pointless reach to support your point

I wasn't saying this was torture, which is why I followed it up with the part about he's probably not far from that mindset.

Nothing like a pointless reach to support your point

If you read the part where I said I don't believe he does those things... that's me stating I don't believe he does those thing. I was simply pointing out he's a p.o.s. dentist and was showing other p.o.s. dentists.

Look what he spends his time and money on. Would it really surprise you if spending 50 grand to go to Africa just to kill an endangered species is where his fun ends? I wouldn't be surprised if he has lots more fun doing other unacceptable activities by most peoples standards.

I'm sure he'd enjoy hanging out with this p.o.s. vet.

Vet Who Bragged About Killing Cat With Bow And Arrow Will Not Be Charged

They have a lot in common. They both like shooting felines with arrows for the hell of it. Protected lion? Oh well, let's kill it. Someone's pet cat? Oh well, let's kill it. I wonder if they play this song as their warmup...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X192GJNq1s[/youtube]

If you read the part where I said I don't believe he does those things... that's me stating I don't believe he does those thing. I was simply pointing out he's a p.o.s. dentist and was showing other p.o.s. dentists.

Look what he spends his time and money on. Would it really surprise you if spending 50 grand to go to Africa just to kill an endangered species is where his fun ends? I wouldn't be surprised if he has lots more fun doing other unacceptable activities by most peoples standards.

I'm sure he'd enjoy hanging out with this p.o.s. vet.

Vet Who Bragged About Killing Cat With Bow And Arrow Will Not Be Charged

They have a lot in common. They both like shooting felines with arrows for the hell of it. Protected lion? Oh well, let's kill it. Someone's pet cat? Oh well, let's kill it. I wonder if they play this song as their warmup...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X192GJNq1s[/youtube]
So the thread topic is now "people in respected professions who do awful things" ?

I don't have a problem with well-regulated trophy hunts.

But the hunter and his guides should be responsible for following the laws.

lol. kind of ironic coming from someone sporting a pic of an elephant being hung to death

I'm have roots in Erwin and it's just about the only thing the town is known for. I've acknowledged the how ridiculous that incident was on numerous occasions, as the story is the typical early 1900s stupidity.

I started using it as an avatar simply because I hate Alabama, not because I support hanging elephants.

Now hippos on the other hand...we need to string those chompy SOBs up.

Last edited:
I hunt but from what I've been able to glean from most sources is that this particular incident is much more akin to poaching than hunting. Even if one were merely ambivalent to the idea of "trophy" hunting this Cecil thing just can't sit well.

VN Store

Back