Advice first Braves game...

CarbonVol

My better half bought me tickets to the Braves game on the 8th of August vs. the Marlins. This is the first time I have been to a Braves game, and essentially to Atlanta. Does anyone have any advice as far as where to stay, anything to do prior to the game, the game is at 7pm what time do we need to leave hotel due to traffic etc. We are looking for a hotel that's like less than 2 miles to the stadium. Don't care to pay a premium. We are looking at the Ritz Carlton Atlanata Downtown, and the Omni at the CNN Center but are open to others if we get a good recommendation from a VN member. Thanks guys. Also a side note the parking at the hotels seems to be from 20-35 dollars a day. That's high as heck. Any ideas on that?

If you want something affordable, Go stay somewhere like the Hilton Garden Inn or Embassy Suites near the Olympic Park. You can walk to the College Football Hall of Fame, World of Coke and Georgia Aquarium.

I'd just drive down to the stadium. Parking won't be a big deal with the Marlins in town.

Reactions: 1 person
in all seriousness OP, Turner isn't a bad park, it's just in a HORRIBLE area. I hate the Braves, but you'll get to see Stanton, so I'd get there early enough for BP.

Take GA's advice and stay closer to Olympic Park. I'm a giant nerd, so since you've never been there, I'd recommend a spin through CNN Center even though it's a shell of itself from the when I was a wee little one.

If you want something affordable, Go stay somewhere like the Hilton Garden Inn or Embassy Suites near the Olympic Park. You can walk to the College Football Hall of Fame, World of Coke and Georgia Aquarium.

I'd just drive down to the stadium. Parking won't be a big deal with the Marlins in town.

That's Braves Alumni weekend though. Alumni softball game and replica ring giveaway. Could draw a bigger than usual crowd.

Thank you for the info for those of you that took the time to read the post and see that it was a gift and we already have tickets. I'm not afraid of the Atlanta ghetto lol. If you don't go to a game because your're scared that's comical. I will check out some of the helpful info that some of you have left. Thanks guys

That's Braves Alumni weekend though. Alumni softball game and replica ring giveaway. Could draw a bigger than usual crowd.

I bought a pass for the green lot right next to the stadium but idk if I'll use it. I'm gonna have to pay for parking at the hotel no matter what. I'll just Uber there and back or something. If I'm not involved in one of the 1,000 homicides that VN members claim leaving a Braves game.

The stadium area isn't nearly as big a deal as people think. It's not the greatest in places, but I never feel unsafe.

I still would rather just drive down there. It's easy.

The stadium area isn't nearly as big a deal as people think. It's not the greatest in places, but I never feel unsafe.

I still would rather just drive down there. It's easy.

I'm not in any way afraid of going to that stadium lol so that won't play into any gameday decisions I make. I very well may just drive down there, I'm an impaitent a-hole that hates driving so that's why I was trying to avoid that lmao

Interestingly, we got tickets from a friend the same day! I haven't been since I was a kid...my Granddad was a huge fan. The seats are really good, and we even got a parking pass and VIP/755 club access.

This will be my boys' first trip to a MLB stadium, so I'm pretty excited. I think we will stay in Buckhead and drive in.

Interestingly, we got tickets from a friend the same day! I haven't been since I was a kid...my Granddad was a huge fan. The seats are really good, and we even got a parking pass and VIP/755 club access.

This will be my boys' first trip to a MLB stadium, so I'm pretty excited. I think we will stay in Buckhead and drive in.

Awesome!! We are gonna be on the first base line. Look for me I'll be wearing the Atlanta Braves shirt :)

It's been a few years since I was down there, but I agree that the area where the ballpark is isn't dangerous. Sorry if that's how it read. I just meant there's really nothing else in the area

Awesome!! We are gonna be on the first base line. Look for me I'll be wearing the Atlanta Braves shirt :)

We are right behind the SunTrust box, 2nd row, behind home plate just a tad toward first. I will be in orange :)

VN Store

Back