RIP Tennstud

Shadowboxer

Your moms favorite member
Love him or hate him, Roy Adams loved him some Tennessee football. I hate that I never got to attend one of his game day parties.

Maybe he and Logan Young can share a chuckle and a hundred dollar handshake in heaven.

Reactions: 4 people
Wow, what a loss. I have been a longtime lurker on the Scout board, and attended one of his parties before the UT-Memphis game the last time we played at the Liberty Bowl a few years ago. I know he's been shrouded in controversy a few times, but he really loved UT, and his hospitality can never be understated.

Reactions: 1 person
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Odd comment since most of his guests were AA and most AA's are Democrats. Probably said in jest.
Yes, he was controversial with all of the Logan Young stuff but no doubt that he loved the Vols as most here do.
RIP.

All Americans?
Alcoholics Anonymous?

Never heard of him but a death is always tough. Never want to lose a Vol (we are all one big extended family, disfunctional as we may be.) Prayers to his friends and family.

Roy hated Alabama because of what they were doing in Memphis. He made it his personal mission to get it cleaned up. Logan Young was actually a friend of his but Roy went after him when he learned what Logan was doing for Bama.

Some of his posts on the Scout forum are all time classics! He had been known to have a few adult beverages before posting.

Sad day in Volnation. This guy was a VFL to the end. Sending my prayers and condolences out to his family and those close to him. He will be missed.

Basilio opened his show today talking about RA for a segment or two. Sinclair told a few stories. Said he once ran over to CostCo for a pickup truck load of big screens before a game day party... sounded kind of like a beer and chip run but on a different level. The show archive will be posted on the Basilio website in a couple of hours.

Those were the good old days on Gridscape when Tennstud was outing Logan Young on the Albert Means deal. Good readin'.

RIP Roy Adams! A VFL for sure.

From SECRant

In 2000, Adams became well known in Tennessee circles as a commentator who helped spark the federal investigation and conviction of Logan Young, an Alabama booster in Memphis who paid a coach $150,000 to steer defensive lineman Albert Means to Tuscaloosa.In a wrongful termination civil suit later brought by two Alabama coaches that stemmed from the Young case, Adams was deposed. He wore a white coonskin cap and an orange blazer and brought along a bottle of Tennessee sipping whiskey to the proceedings. Adams relishes the memory. “I couldn’t think of anything that would upset an Alabama lawyer more,” he said.

Now I don't know anything about Tennstud, and I know he ruffled feathers around here...but that's awesome.

Very sad to hear this. I really enjoyed his posts over on the scout forum.

I was invited to one of his parties but never got the chance to attend one.

You will be missed my friend....

Love him or hate him, Roy Adams loved him some Tennessee football. I hate that I never got to attend one of his game day parties.

Maybe he and Logan Young can share a chuckle and a hundred dollar handshake in heaven.

Huge Vol fan and for all the talk, he never got Tennessee in any trouble with the NCAA but he sure got Alabama in trouble.

Outstanding times at his house.

Those were the good old days on Gridscape when Tennstud was outing Logan Young on the Albert Means deal. Good readin'.

RIP Roy Adams! A VFL for sure.

I lived in Birmingham and can assure you it wasn't a good time here. People were losing their minds.

When the lawyer in the Federal case was attacked in his office, people here were sure Phil Fulmer and Roy Adams were behind it.

When Logan Young had his accident and death it was the same.

I pissed off a stripper because when I told her I was a Tennessee fan she went off on how Fulmer had Logan Young killed. Naturally I told her she was nuts. She didn't take it well but fortunately the bouncers didn't care.

My Prayers go out to Roy's family and friends. Roy was well known for his wild parties with a lot of well connected people.

VN Store

Back