When you expect fried chicken and find $4,500 free cash instead

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEINTP-5Nk8[/youtube]

He just wanted some fresh, hot chicken when he complained about the status of his Bojangles order. However, when he received his new bag of food, he didn't get chicken; he got $4,500 in cash plus bank deposit slips.
When he stepped inside of the Bojangles and returned the money to the manager, he wasn't given the hero's welcome that he imagined. After he asked the manager what would have happened if he hadn't returned the money, "“He told me in an arrogant, nasty attitude being disrespectful saying that, ‘And we would have called the authorities on you, too.'"
He was eventually offered a meal and a tailgate party, but Minor didn't feel that was enough. After finally getting through to corporate offices, he was offered a $100 gift certificate. But after the initial reaction from the Bojangles manager, Minor is hoping an apology letter and a cash reward are in his future.

Reactions: 1 person
Haha.

That's why it pays as a business to always be as kind as possible. I'm certain if the manager was more appreciative the gentleman would have been happy with the $100.

Not to say that his current actions are justified.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
wait...so like...what the hell happened. How did someone accidentally give a random dude a stack of cash instead of chicken?

so the "good samaritan" says something like "what would have happened if I didn't come in and give you the money" and he gets mad when the manager says that they'd have called the authorities?

wait...so like...what the hell happened. How did someone accidentally give a random dude a stack of cash instead of chicken?

That's a question right there. How poorly managed is that place that wads of cash are stored in the same containers that you give to customers?

weird all the way around including expecting a cash reward beyond the $100 he already got.

It happened to a coworker of mine about 15 years ago in Michigan. He went through the drive thru at a Taco Bell and they gave him a sack with $7500 cash with deposit slips. He took it back inside and they gave him free tacos for a year. The local tv station did a story on him for his good deed.

It happened to a coworker of mine about 15 years ago in Michigan. He went through the drive thru at a Taco Bell and they gave him a sack with $7500 cash with deposit slips. He took it back inside and they gave him free tacos for a year. The local tv station did a story on him for his good deed.

Yeah but that was because he got $7500. Being a good samaritan in that scenario is worth way more than $100. I hope he threatened to go to the news if they didn't give him enough.

The local tv station did a story on him for his good deed.

Are acts like these really "good deeds"? Keeping the money shouldn't be a consideration for any decent person.

This guy needs to be rewarded for doing what he is supposed to do? They ought to tell him to pound sand

Are acts like these really "good deeds"? Keeping the money shouldn't be a consideration for any decent person.

This guy needs to be rewarded for doing what he is supposed to do? They ought to tell him to pound sand
You must live in a Pollyanna world. There are way more people that would've just kept driving and kept the cash as opposed to the honest folks that do the right thing and bring the money back to the store. The thing that apparently rubbed the guy the wrong way is apparently when he brought the money back the manager wasn't appreciative and had the attitude like you do that's "what he was supposed to do".

Reactions: 2 people
You must live in a Pollyanna world. There are way more people that would've just kept driving and kept the cash as opposed to the honest folks that do the right thing and bring the money back to the store. The thing that apparently rubbed the guy the wrong way is apparently when he brought the money back the manager wasn't appreciative and had the attitude like you do that's "what he was supposed to do".

one problem I have is that he admits that he asked the manager what he'd have done had he just driven off, then gets butthurt because the manager said he'd call the cops...as if being robbed by an employee isn't worthy of calling the cops

VN Store

Back