Timeshares

Vol8188

revolUTion in the air!
Anyone use a timeshare company they like? My wife and I, made the mistake of purchasing one through capital resorts group about a year ago and the experience has been miserable.

We use RCI and have not had any issues with them

Does their website allow you to book online, and are the fees reasonable? We bought ours for 14k, spend about 600 a year in fees, and can only vacation about 1 week a year with it (and many of the locations we can't go to at all because we don't have enough points).

Anyone use a timeshare company they like? My wife and I, made the mistake of purchasing one through capital resorts group about a year ago and the experience has been miserable.

I have friend that is well versed in time shares. As soon as he gets back from PCB, I'll ask him to recommend.

Does their website allow you to book online, and are the fees reasonable? We bought ours for 14k, spend about 600 a year in fees, and can only vacation about 1 week a year with it (and many of the locations we can't go to at all because we don't have enough points).

My in laws bought one through blue-green, I think it is, and they have the same issues. Every time they try to use it they have problem.

In nearly 40 years of life I have never met a single person with a positive experience with timeshares. How do people keep falling for this?

Reactions: 4 people
My parents have friends who use Marriott Vacation Club and love it. They hop around to different locations all the time. I met up with them last year in Palm Beach. The condo was really nice with an amazing ocean view.

Last edited:
In nearly 40 years of life I have never met a single person with a positive experience with timeshares. How do people keep falling for this?

They offered us 100 just to come listen to their pitch. And understand why now. These guys were good.

My parents have friends who use Marriott Vacation Club and love it. They hop around to different locations all the time. I met up with them last year in Palm Beach. The condo was really nice with an amazing ocean view.

I've talked to people that loved MCV. Personally I would look at that before a timeshare.

My parents use RCI and use it frequently. My dad hates having to deal with the pitches and stuff but my mom is fine with it. They get their money's worth from it

Last summer we were in the smokies. It was raining all week so while at Kroger, the nice lady behind the desk asked us to go check out Wyndham. We did as they offered us free aquarium and wilderness water park tickets and with 4 kids and a rainy week, I took them up on their offer.

Meeting with Wyndham reps went well. They were not pushy and we knew we couldn't afford it as we were just wanting the free tickets. But they offered us a trial discovery package for $1600. It gave us the option to travel to 50 different places through the Wyndham system as a trial to see if we liked the timeshare. We bought it.

Went to Honolulu (wife and I only) and Destin (wife kids and in laws) for a week each. Cheap vacation and nice places to stay as $1600 for two weeks is s good deal. We enjoyed it and I have never spent another dime on a timeshare as the people in Hawaii were downright rude. I explained to them that I was not buying anything as I purchased a 2 week vacation to Honolulu and destin for $1600. Their response? " You're gonna let that money go to waste when we can upgrade you to a better deal and take of the $1600 to start your timeshare? Do I need to "Tennessee" this deal down for you?" My response you might be interested to hear was this....." Tennessee it down sir? I'm in Honolulu Hawaii......HAWAII....for a week ..... For cheap..... And I'm going to destin with my kids for a week. You can dumb it down and make it Tennessee talk all you want but I saw a deal and took it and I don't need your smart remarks. Tell me where to sign so I can leave this experience that you promised was only going to be 1 hour and it took nearly 3 hours off my Hawaiian vacation. And while your add it...... Give me my free shark diving and lual tickets."

I got two weeks vacation..... Wilderness waterpark and aquarium tickets for the entire family. 1 week in Honolulu (minus airfare) and 1 week in Destin. For $1600. It was worth it........ Only once.

Last edited:
Last summer we were in the smokies. It was raining all week so while at Kroger, the nice lady behind the desk asked us to go check out Wyndham. We did as they offered us free aquarium and wilderness water park tickets and with 4 kids and a rainy week, I took them up on their offer.

Meeting with Wyndham reps went well. They were not pushy and we knew we couldn't afford it as we were just wanting the free tickets. But they offered us a trial discovery package for $1600. It gave us the option to travel to 50 different places through the Wyndham system as a trial to see if we liked the timeshare. We bought it.

Went to Honolulu (wife and I only) and Destin (wife kids and in laws) for a week each. Cheap vacation and nice places to stay as $1600 for two weeks is s good deal. We enjoyed it and I have never spent another dime on a timeshare as the people in Hawaii were downright rude. I explained to them that I was not buying anything as I purchased a 2 week vacation to Honolulu and destin for $1600. Their response? " You're gonna let that money go to waste when we can upgrade you to a better deal and take of the $1600 to start your timeshare? Do I need to "Tennessee" this deal down for you?" My response you might be interested to hear was this....." Tennessee it down sir? I'm in Honolulu Hawaii......HAWAII....for a week ..... For cheap..... And I'm going to destin with my kids for a week. You can dumb it down and make it Tennessee talk all you want but I saw a deal and took it and I don't need your smart remarks. Tell me where to sign so I can leave this experience that you promised was only going to be 1 hour and it took nearly 3 hours off my Hawaiian vacation. And while your add it...... Give me my free shark diving and lual tickets."

I got two weeks vacation..... Wilderness waterpark and aquarium tickets for the entire family. 1 week in Honolulu (minus airfare) and 1 week in Destin. For $1600. It was worth it........ Only once.

Granny and I took a tour of the Wyndham resort a couple of years ago. We spent $50.00 that gave us a week at one of their resorts plus 6 Wilderness Waterpark riskbands.

We took 2 of our grandkids to the Wyndham Vacation Villas in Kissimmee, Fl for 7 nights for the $50. Definitely a bargain.

Granny and I took a tour of the Wyndham resort a couple of years ago. We spent $50.00 that gave us a week at one of their resorts plus 6 Wilderness Waterpark riskbands.

We took 2 of our grandkids to the Wyndham Vacation Villas in Kissimmee, Fl for 7 nights for the $50. Definitely a bargain.

It was a deal for sure. If you go into it knowing you are saying no and you can handle the BS.... You can get a deal .

Last edited:
If you have kids check out Disney's Vacation Club.

We took our grandkids 7 and 9 to Legoland. They really enjoyed it. They have a garden type area that has replicas of DC, NYC,Vegas, etc made from legos. It was an amazing site.

From my experiences so far, I would agree with that.

8188, my friend got back today. He uses Hilton. His timeshare condo is on the beach in Kona, Hawaii with resturaunt, pool, and bar on site. He gets one week every two years. He uses his Hilton points at what ever vacation spot he goes to (stateside, carabean).

He owes nothing on his timeshare and is willing to sell for $5k, if anyone is interested.

I don't know all the in's and out's but if you have a question, let me know and I'll ask.

I sold timeshare on the plateau many many years ago. Works for some people but don't buy "retail". When folks were driving into Crossville for their "3 hour tour", they would see plenty of realtors selling timeshare for as little as 10-20% of the original price. And I sold a few at $15000. One of the worst jobs I ever had and will never do it again.

VN Store

Back