Man ignores alligator warnings, gets eaten

I saw this last night. I hate he died, but good grief! Where's common sense?

Between him and the guy who killed himself by trying to set a firework off on his head, there is a strong pool of candidates for this year's Darwin Award

Reactions: 1 person
Between him and the guy who killed himself by trying to set a firework off on his head, there is a strong pool of candidates for this year's Darwin Award

I looked at the DA list pictures the other night, smh at people!

I'm always slightly torn by these type of stories. I really pains me that a person had to die, and a tough way to go at that...but hells bells...what are you supposed to think other than "Well, this is all on him.".

As an aside I read in another article the warning was prompted by marina people having spotted an estimated 12 footer lurking about. That's a size gator that shouldn't be tolerated around people areas IMHO. I'd have trapped and moved or simply killed a gator that size hanging out around a marina.

After seeing his pic in Freaks link -- it doesnt surprise me at all and the girlfriend has to be dumber than nails going in with him.

"Hey Judy, watch this!" :puts beer down:

I couldn't care less that this idiot died. I have no sympathy for Darwin award winners. I just smile inside and think the gene pool just got a little bit smarter.

Semi relevant.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNak-6O8lFQ[/youtube]

*Language*

"Hey Judy, watch this!" :puts beer down:

I couldn't care less that this idiot died. I have no sympathy for Darwin award winners. I just smile inside and think the gene pool just got a little bit smarter.

That's cold man.

Reactions: 2 people
While stationed in Loserana, every summer their were idiots skinny dippin in the gator infested bayous on Barksdale AFB. It's a wonder how stupid some people are. Smdh

While stationed in Loserana, every summer their were idiots skinny dippin in the gator infested bayous on Barksdale AFB. It's a wonder how stupid some people are. Smdh

I kind of alluded to it earlier in the thread but a really big gator like this lurking in the area is a decent sign (though I am speculating) that it was getting handouts from people or some other way of associating the area with food. (People cleaning fish in the area maybe?)

Whatever the case it's a bit like bears that start associating people areas with food. It's a different dynamic and a lot more dangerous.

I kind of alluded to it earlier in the thread but a really big gator like this lurking in the area is a decent sign (though I am speculating) that it was getting handouts from people or some other way of associating the area with food. (People cleaning fish in the area maybe?)

Whatever the case it's a bit like bears that start associating people areas with food. It's a different dynamic and a lot more dangerous.

Could be, but it doesn't change the fact that it said not to swim because of alligators and that fool jumped in.

Could be, but it doesn't change the fact that it said not to swim because of alligators and that fool jumped in.

There are so many warning signs everywhere man.

We supposed to obey all of them?

Or only the ones that are a once in 180 year occurance?

I was by no means stating it wasn't foolish to ignore those warnings. In fact, if anything, I think I underscored how if that WAS the situation it was even more dangerous.

There are so many warning signs everywhere man.

We supposed to obey all of them?

Or only the ones that are a once in 180 year occurance?

A lot of people ignore the warnings on a pack of cigarettes -- so I guess not --- had this goof been alone and eaten by the gator nobody would have known for sure what happened to him.

VN Store

Back