Homeless Man Plays Piano Beautifully

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCguq3hTC2M[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3wb-Yt1V9Y[/youtube]

Had to share this. It really moved me. He has a remarkable gift and he is also a Ex Marine.

“Sometimes it's easy to walk by because we know we can't change someone's whole life in a single afternoon. But what we fail to realize it that simple kindness can go a long way toward encouraging someone who is stuck in a desolate place.”
― Mike Yankoski

Reactions: 3 people
What is that song? This guy is amazing and I loved that music.

Reactions: 1 person
Your right Joe it was truly moving. In the interview you find out he is a musical savant.

Last edited:
Good lesson on not assuming stuff about people. Most of us would've never guessed he possessed such talent.

What would it hurt for me to give that homeless guy a couple bucks? Who the hell cares if he spends it on beer? Maybe beer is a step up for him from the harder stuff that knocked him onto the streets in the first place. Maybe, just maybe, he’s actually going to spend it on food (homeless people do eat, right?). Maybe, he really is a desperate human being who is trying to change his situation.”
― Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing

I want to avoid people, because there’s only one thing worse than being homeless, and that’s people who are not, knowing that you are.”
― Craig Stone, The Squirrel that Dreamt of Madness

Without the sleeping bag I'm just somebody up early in the morning, sitting under a tree. With the sleeping bag I'm nobody up early, sitting under a tree: a slight, but important difference in how I’ll be perceived.”

Reactions: 2 people
This really is an amazing story. I'm actually in that area often, and was at Clasico last Friday. I'd love to hear him play in person sometime.

Will do. I think he just picked up a lot of fans with his talent and story.

I hope and pray the best for him. Maybe the right person will see it, and get him some work playing. You never know.

Reactions: 2 people
“We used to talk and smile seven days ago when I was wearing a suit. Now I'm dressed in a beard and smell of dog sh** I don’t even get eye contact. I ask her how her week is going, and she looks to her friend behind the counter as if to say: I think this creep is hitting on me. Shall we call the police?”

I hope and pray the best for him. Maybe the right person will see it, and get him some work playing. You never know.
I have let myself become so jaded and cynical these last few years and watching this video made me feel human again. It's been a helluva night.

Reactions: 4 people
I have let myself become so jaded and cynical these last few years and watching this video made me feel human again. It's been a helluva night.

Its easy to do in our world today, just be glad you experienced it, and it touched you.

That woman was bragging about how hard it is to play that song then she pulls two singles out of her wallet and only gives him one.

I also love this idea! Public instruments for anyone to play! Music is one of the greatest gifts we can give each other.

VN Store

Back