Hotel for Florida game

appyvol

I'll be going to the swamp for the first time this year. The wife would like to be somewhat close to the beach. Going down Thursday and coming back Sunday. Anyone have any Hotel/Town recommendations?

I stayed in Jacksonville one year when I went. We went to St. Augustine Beach the day before the game and took the Waldo road (WATCH OUT FOR SPEED TRAPS) on the day of the game.

Amelia Island and Ponte Vedra are nice beach areas. Jax Beach is also an option.

I'll have to check those out. I was considering tampa but that's just too far.

Amelia (and just to the north in Fernandina Beach) is my favorite N Florida area. Not overly commercialized, but plenty of "civilization".

Amelia (and just to the north in Fernandina Beach) is my favorite N Florida area. Not overly commercialized, but plenty of "civilization".

I've heard good things about Ameila Island. How far is that from Gainesvile?

Maybe check out Cedar Key. I'm not sure if it's a beach area but it's a fishing village not too far from Gainesville.

Gainesville and "close to the beach" do not go together. With traffic, you will be looking at 2+ hours of driving each way on game day.

I just booked a room yesterday in G'ville through Trip Advisor. The prices are ridiculous.

Well it looks like we're staying in Daytona Beach and making the 2+ hour drive to Gainesville. Here's to draining the swamp on my birthday! :)

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back