Woman To ROW Across Pacific

Coug

"Sonya Baumstein leaves Choshi, hoping to reach San Francisco and become first solo woman to row across the ocean from Japan to US"

US woman sets off on attempt to row solo across Pacific | World news | The Guardian

Let's put this trip into perspective...

rowing.jpg

Let's place our bets on how long it takes before this woman needs a very expensive rescue!

I'll go a week and a half!

I'd give better odds if she were hot. As it is, I give her 3 days before she's desperate for a cheeseburger and gives up.

9eaf9a13-8ba8-42ef-ad91-a76c7e51aaf6-620x372.jpeg

Reactions: 1 person
With no actual boat close by help, I don't think she'll survive the trip on that small boat.

Depending on weather.....I think she will make it. She sounds like she has the right mindset and will to do it. I hope she does.

I'd give better odds if she were hot. As it is, I give her 3 days before she's desperate for a cheeseburger and gives up.

I was wondering if she does make it how much weight she will have lost by the time she gets to San Fran?

Looking at the boat I'm wondering if it wasn't not only designed to roll and tumble in rough waters but maybe even upright itself if it does.

It is an interesting design.

Am I wrong to expect someone attempting this to be insanely good shape? I imagine she puts in miles prepping for something like this but she looks so out of shape to me. Whatever though good to her.

Reactions: 1 person
She has a lot of experience do she has a very good chance to make it. Still 6000 miles across the Pacific leaves a lot of chances for big problems.

Am I wrong to expect someone attempting this to be insanely good shape? I imagine she puts in miles prepping for something like this but she looks so out of shape to me. Whatever though good to her.

She is a long endurance athlete, the extra body fat will actually help. A skinny woman would not last.

She has a lot of experience do she has a very good chance to make it. Still 6000 miles across the Pacific leaves a lot of chances for big problems.

She's clearly a phenomenal athlete, but between the weather, Pirates, and sharks it just seems the odds are not in her favor for something that distance. I hope she makes it.

Aren't there currents between the launch site and landing site? One would think that if she stopped to sleep while a current has her, it will be a lot longer of a trip than she thinks. There's always gonna be some drift, anyway.

Aren't there currents between the launch site and landing site? One would think that if she stopped to sleep while a current has her, it will be a lot longer of a trip than she thinks. There's always gonna be some drift, anyway.

I'm sure they have all of that figured in. Her boat should be designed to be almost unsinkable so her biggest issue is possibly getting sick/hurt and losing communications.

She's clearly a phenomenal athlete, but between the weather, Pirates, and sharks it just seems the odds are not in her favor for something that distance. I hope she makes it.

I don't think piracy runs rampant in the Pacific Ocean. She is not crossing from India to Somolia.

lmao. pirates and sharks. this thread is gold.

she may have carbed up for this trip, over a series of many mang years.

VN Store

Back