Fresh Milk Products Antitrust Litigation Website

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
the page in the Lady Vols forum had locked up,I was clicking it to get it working again and this page popped up

"Plaintiffs allege that Defendants have engaged in a nationwide conspiracy to limit the production of raw farm milk, and thus increased the price of raw milk, through premature “herd retirements.” Plaintiffs allege these herd retirements required participating dairy farmers to sell all of the dairy cows in all of their herds prematurely for slaughter and, beginning on April 1, 2009, agreed not to reenter the dairy farming business for at least one year. Plaintiffs allege that this conspiracy artificially inflated, and continues to artificially inflate, the price of milk and other fresh milk products, including cream, half & half, yogurt, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream."

the price of ,milk and milk products has jumped big time in recent years,a gallon of milk is around 4 bucks at a convenience store and around 3:50 or so at a grocery store

or do ya'll think it is because of minimum wage going up ? I have noticed that both parties are all for it in an election year,that puts a new spin on trying buy an election :)

sounds like the big oil companies shutting down refineries,to limit production so they can charge more for what they are selling :)

and I have heard it said,that the pipe line from Canada,was just so they could ship it to Texas cheaper for them and get it shipped out to China cheaper

but that is for another thread :)

the page in the Lady Vols forum had locked up,I was clicking it to get it working again and this page popped up

"Plaintiffs allege that Defendants have engaged in a nationwide conspiracy to limit the production of raw farm milk, and thus increased the price of raw milk, through premature “herd retirements.” Plaintiffs allege these herd retirements required participating dairy farmers to sell all of the dairy cows in all of their herds prematurely for slaughter and, beginning on April 1, 2009, agreed not to reenter the dairy farming business for at least one year. Plaintiffs allege that this conspiracy artificially inflated, and continues to artificially inflate, the price of milk and other fresh milk products, including cream, half & half, yogurt, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream."

the price of ,milk and milk products has jumped big time in recent years,a gallon of milk is around 4 bucks at a convenience store and around 3:50 or so at a grocery store

or do ya'll think it is because of minimum wage going up ? I have noticed that both parties are all for it in an election year,that puts a new spin on trying buy an election :)

sounds like the big oil companies shutting down refineries,to limit production so they can charge more for what they are selling :)

and I have heard it said,that the pipe line from Canada,was just so they could ship it to Texas cheaper for them and get it shipped out to China cheaper

but that is for another thread :)

Most of what you have listed is true. I read an article yesterday about that happening to eggs as well.

Matter of fact, I made some calls and farm eggs are up to 5.00 a dozen in little rock.

Most of what you have listed is true. I read an article yesterday about that happening to eggs as well.

Matter of fact, I made some calls and farm eggs are up to 5.00 a dozen in little rock.

They were $5 a dozen in cookeville yesterday at the farmers market.

I have only had fresh eggs one time when I was younger. Is there much of a taste difference

The first herd buyouts were in the 80's this is nothing new. I wish the farmers would get smarter about production and take control over their products. Most can't because they're to far in debt.

I have only had fresh eggs one time when I was younger. Is there much of a taste difference

Much much better for you too.

My chickens produce enough for my family and close friends.

you can't beat fresh eggs,all the worms and bugs the chicken eats helps the flavor of the egg :) it actually does

I think I should go into raising some chickens,if it is going to get that high on the price,I'm out in the sticks and have the time,other than keeping em alive during the winter,it would save some money and I could make some egg money

some laying hens and some fryers would be nice,ugh I'd hate to have to keep a chicken coop heated during the winter and the water unfrozen

and it all ways will happen,they will quit laying eggs,time for chicken and dumplings then :)

that means all the stuff with an egg in it, is going to go up

and the price of fryers will jump too

and to think,when i first moved here,I killed off the chickens that were left behind,because they were crapping every where

and i do mean every where,they would come out of the woods and crap on the decks

you can't beat fresh eggs,all the worms and bugs the chicken eats helps the flavor of the egg :) it actually does

I think I should go into raising some chickens,if it is going to get that high on the price,I'm out in the sticks and have the time,other than keeping em alive during the winter,it would save some money and I could make some egg money

some laying hens and some fryers would be nice,ugh I'd hate to have to keep a chicken coop heated during the winter and the water unfrozen

and it all ways will happen,they will quit laying eggs,time for chicken and dumplings then :)

that means all the stuff with an egg in it, is going to go up

and the price of fryers will jump too

and to think,when i first moved here,I killed off the chickens that were left behind,because they were crapping every where

and i do mean every where,they would come out of the woods and crap on the decks

Chickens are easy. Just get a heat lamp. That will keep them warm.

Golden comets (and others) will lay year round. Just add a littler chili pepper to their food. Keeps their body temps up.

Chickens are easy. Just get a heat lamp. That will keep them warm.

Golden comets (and others) will lay year round. Just add a littler chili pepper to their food. Keeps their body temps up.

I was just reading about that,they were saying not to heat them during the winter

Do I need heat lamp in coop with the cold weather???

"Chickens have been around a lot longer than electricity!

Depending on what breeds you have they should be fine. Many of the American breeds--rocks, reds, delawares, etc were bred in harsh New England weather with no supplemental heat. That was part of what they were bred for, to withstand the conditions there. With no electricity."

I was just reading about that,they were saying not to heat them during the winter

Do I need heat lamp in coop with the cold weather???

"Chickens have been around a lot longer than electricity!

Depending on what breeds you have they should be fine. Many of the American breeds--rocks, reds, delawares, etc were bred in harsh New England weather with no supplemental heat. That was part of what they were bred for, to withstand the conditions there. With no electricity."

Mine get heat. :)

Guess I have elitist chickens.

I have nothing as far as a coop goes and no chickens either,do you think a metal coop would be to hot in the summer ? I've got some metal,i would be looking for 4 to 6 birds at the most,and I have a chain saw and a lot of trees around :)

my only problem would be that the nests would have to be up high,due to arthritis,I could start off the back of my metal shed to start with,that would keep em out of the wind

how big would the run have to be ? 30 square feet for 6 ?

I have nothing as far as a coop goes and no chickens either,do you think a metal coop would be to hot in the summer ? I've got some metal,i would be looking for 4 to 6 birds at the most,and I have a chain saw and a lot of trees around :)

my only problem would be that the nests would have to be up high,due to arthritis,I could start off the back of my metal shed to start with,that would keep em out of the wind

how big would the run have to be ? 30 square feet for 6 ?

Yeah that would work.

A good quality feed and water is all that's needed.

i was reading that water could be a problem,it is pretty much a mud hole here from October till late May or June, would that be a concern ?

and a major lack of sunshine during the winter,I get sun from about 10:30 till about 2:30 or 3 during the short days of winter

other than that they will be in the shade

Last edited:
i was reading that water could be a problem,it is pretty much a mud hole here from October till late May or June, would that be a concern ?

and a major lack of sunshine during the winter,I get sun from about 10:30 till about 2:30 or 3 during the short days of winter

other than that they will be in the shade

Elevate the coop. ?

gm, I bumped the "chicken" thread for you. Are you in southern Alaska?

VN Store

Back