Visualization Will Give You New Respect For The Sheer Number Who Died In WWII

It's an amazing video that really sums up just how huge WW2 was. The Russians and Polish were hit especially hard. Nearly 1 in every 5 poles died in a 6 year stretch.

That's pretty wild. It makes you wonder how different the world would be today had the US never dropped nuclear bombs on Japan. I'm not saying we were right in doing it but it was an extremely bold statement that's probably protected us from a lot of things that could have unfolded over the years.

Reactions: 1 person
That's pretty wild. It makes you wonder how different the world would be today had the US never dropped nuclear bombs on Japan. I'm not saying we were right in doing it but it was an extremely bold statement that's probably protected us from a lot of things that could have unfolded over the years.

I agree

it makes you wonder how many more American troops would have died,the Japanese Government had been telling there people that the US troops would kill and eat there babies

Wasn't planning on watching an 18 minute video, interesting though.

It made me look up "how many people the earth can support". There's a documentary with the same title and now an 18 minute video that I figured would be a couple minutes is going to turn into another 50 minute documentary. FU :( lol

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV5Asbim_FA[/youtube]

The documentary about how many people can live on earth isn't turning out as interesting as I thought it would. A lot of talk about lack of water. Pretty boring stuff. Might shut it off and just read an article. Can't be any more boring than this documentary.

That's just absurd and ridiculous.

I heard it on a TV show and don't remember which one it was,it isn't like I could make that up.but I will say that I can't find nothing about it,my mistake :hi:

this is more disturbing,this article is saying the Japanese were ready to surrender
and the US dropped the bombs any way

The REAL Reason America Used Nuclear Weapons Against Japan (It Was Not To End the War Or Save Lives) Washington's Blog

Mac Arthur,Eisenhower and many others are quoted

"General Eisenhower had urged Truman, in a personal visit, not to use the atomic bomb. Eisenhower’s assessment was “It wasn’t necessary to hit them with that awful thing . . . to use the atomic bomb, to kill and terrorize civilians, without even attempting [negotiations], was a double crime.” Eisenhower also stated that it wasn’t necessary for Truman to “succumb” to [the tiny handful of people putting pressure on the president to drop atom bombs on Japan.] "

Last edited:
this is more disturbing,this article is saying the Japanese were ready to surrender

The REAL Reason America Used Nuclear Weapons Against Japan (It Was Not To End the War Or Save Lives) Washington's Blog

"General Eisenhower had urged Truman, in a personal visit, not to use the atomic bomb. Eisenhower’s assessment was “It wasn’t necessary to hit them with that awful thing . . . to use the atomic bomb, to kill and terrorize civilians, without even attempting [negotiations], was a double crime.” Eisenhower also stated that it wasn’t necessary for Truman to “succumb” to [the tiny handful of people putting pressure on the president to drop atom bombs on Japan.] "

The napalm bombings on the Japanese civilians was more damaging than the atomic bombs.

The atomic bombs were more of a shock and awe scheme. We had to scare the Japanese into submission with the threat of future atomic bombs.

My grandfather was in occupation of Japan and he said that the civilians were sharpening broomsticks and anything they could find to make weapons out of.

They didn't plan on giving up.

If the planned invasion had gone ahead, the Japanese would have fought to the last man, woman, and child against the allies. The death tolls of the Allied countries, especially the United States would have been substantially higher with even the most conservative estimates at around 1,000,000 deaths.

Aren't all wars like that in hindsight?

No, but a lot of them are. The more costly the war the more upsetting poor diplomacy becomes.

We have the benefit of hindsight and that doesn't keep us from repeating same mistakes.

If the planned invasion had gone ahead, the Japanese would have fought to the last man, woman, and child against the allies. The death tolls of the Allied countries, especially the United States would have been substantially higher with even the most conservative estimates at around 1,000,000 deaths.

a lot of the military leaders were urging Truman to drop them in unpopulated areas,just to show them what could happen,the article said they were ready to surrender as long as they could keep the Emperor,which they did anyway

Huh, I never knew Hitler was a diplomat.

One of the GOAT diplomats in fact. Took control of the German Workers union (who were trying to use him to stop Fascism and capitalism in germany), used his charisma to incite military veterans of WWI who hated being blamed for it (despite them just being the main fighting force, not starting it) and the youth who could "Surpass their fathers and make the country great again." He wasn't like Mussolini (who started Fascism and took control by force in Italy 15 years earlier) but won the vote. Then he started small with things like remilitarizing the Rhineland, subjugating the Austrian government, and making the pact with Stalin to split Poland after the war. Had he not betrayed Stalin, especially when he did, or simply slowed down his invasion to begin with, he probably would've won.

Allies would've won that war the moment Hitler betrayed Russia AND tried to invade them. U.S. entering just sped the process up insanely and saved millions of lives.

VN Store

Back