Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10?

Coug

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10 that just rolled out two days ago?

I don't think the final build is available until July 29th, right?

I did reserve it. Unless I see something majorly wrong, I'll install it in the first week or two.

Reactions: 1 person
i have 7 and do not want anything to do with a new OS from microsoft until i hear it is doing well.

Final isn't out until the 29th. The GUI will be different as they blend the experience of Windows 8.x and the traditional start menu.

Look for quick adoption at most large IT shops, with the inclusion of IE11 rather than a new browser from that family. In fact, IE11 is the last version of IE we'll ever see.

I don't think the final build is available until July 29th, right?

I did reserve it. Unless I see something majorly wrong, I'll install it in the first week or two.

They just pushed the "Get Windows 10" icon to your taskbar a couple days ago. You might be right though it might be a "reserve" option for when it does come out.

Windows has fallen pretty hard on some bad OS upgrades in the past IE: ME, Vista, Windows 8, so I'm skeptical and like to give it some time to get reviewed.

Also, this mindset of "I'm going to wait for the first major revision" isn't really relevant anymore. Windows 8.x was different, but it wasn't bad. Also took advantage of new hardware features, or at least did a much better job.

Also, this mindset of "I'm going to wait for the first major revision" isn't really relevant anymore. Windows 8.x was different, but it wasn't bad. Also took advantage of new hardware features, or at least did a much better job.

The GUI sucked for normal pc users though. It was built more for tablets than anything and I think that's what most people had issues with. Upgrade the OS, just maintain that desktop/start menu that everyone is used to.

The GUI sucked for normal pc users though. It was built more for tablets than anything and I think that's what most people had issues with. Upgrade the OS, just maintain that desktop/start menu that everyone is used to.

Windows Key + W. Never look at the start menu. Can't be afraid of innovation.

I've found Windows 8 to be a good product. I don't recall any major problems occurring here. Seems to have good support for gaming.

I have never used the Metro interface. I use the desktop view and a classic start button add-on to make it like older windows.

I've heard good things about 10.

I've found Windows 8 to be a good product. I don't recall any major problems occurring here. Seems to have good support for gaming.

I have never used the Metro interface. I use the desktop view and a classic start button add-on to make it like older windows.

I've heard good things about 10.

May be the last version of Windows you ever get, in the traditional sense.

it says free,I have a hard time believing that,does it cost anything ?

it does say something about internet fees ? what are they ?

I have wins7 and it works just fine

I've ran Windows 10 Tech Preview for a few months now, and so far so good. I would give it 6 months to work out the upgrade kinks though. Doing that in-place upgrade can break things, especially when it comes to your programs. Windows 10 is nothing more that 8.1 with the Metro interface built in to the Start button. It's what 8/8.1 should have been, but with that being said they could have done the same thing with a 8.2 update. Microsoft is just wanting to move on from 8.

I've ran Windows 10 Tech Preview for a few months now, and so far so good. I would give it 6 months to work out the upgrade kinks though. Doing that in-place upgrade can break things, especially when it comes to your programs. Windows 10 is nothing more that 8.1 with the Metro interface built in to the Start button. It's what 8/8.1 should have been, but with that being said they could have done the same thing with a 8.2 update. Microsoft is just wanting to move on from 8.

Windows 10 is far more than Windows 8.2.

I'll get it eventually. I wasn't thrilled with Windows 8 but I got used to it and now prefer it.

I have been looking at the icon for a couple of days on my laptop to upgrade but not seeing a compelling reason to yet.

I have been looking at the icon for a couple of days on my laptop to upgrade but not seeing a compelling reason to yet.

Yeah, they kind of cheated really. If you think about it they're using the icon to advertise their new OS. :)

What I'm wondering is if this means they intend on shutting down updates/support for Windows 7 sometime soon now?

VN Store

Back