silly question but

gule

Have anyone of you peeps ever used an inversion table? R they worth buying? Wifey needs help with her bad back.... :(

My neighbor used one and really like it, as it helped to strengthen his abdominals. However, I would be very cautious recommending anything to help your wife's back without knowing any details as it could also potentially cause more damage or pain. I would check with her Dr., if you haven't already done so, before buying anything like this.

Also... you will probably get more feedback if you move this thread to the pub.

My neighbor used one and really like it, as it helped to strengthen his abdominals. However, I would be very cautious recommending anything to help your wife's back without knowing any details as it could also potentially cause more damage or pain. I would check with her Dr., if you haven't already done so, before buying anything like this.

Also... you will probably get more feedback if you move this thread to the pub.

Good advice. I had one and it helped some with lower disc pain. I had a small rupture in my lower disc. My Chiropractor told me to drink a lot of water before inverting to help replenish the fluid in the disc. Once my back healed, I did not need it any longer.

her/our Chiropractor told her to go ahead, but find one used, not to buy a new one because they wind up on Craigslist for practically nothing $ wise. I have back troubles too sometimes.

Just start out slowly and everything will be ok.There are several stations of inversion you can begin just slightly in ;therefore not trendelenberg .Your wife and you will be using your own weight to take weight and strain off of your body without injury.(No,I do not sell or rep these machines).A modern version of gravity boots.Your weight not being pulled or yanked by a machine.

If you or your wife ever need back" surgery,only let a neurosurgeon do the surgery.Laser microdiscetomy would also be a consideration if it is a bulging disc.(ten years working in a 24 room OR)

Reactions: 1 person
If you or your wife ever need back" surgery,only let a neurosurgeon do the surgery.Laser microdiscetomy would also be a consideration if it is a bulging disc.(ten years working in a 24 room OR)

I had back surgery in 2007. Best decision I ever made.

Good luck with the wifey Gule. Our son was rear ended in his car & had major back surgery. He is in constant pain now but says he does find some relief from the inversion table thingy.

I am going on 8 weeks post operation on my neck. I had a C3/C4 & C4/C5 anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. I put off surgery for over 2 years while my daughter was finishing up playing ball at UT. I had severe stenosis of the spinal cord and the 2 years of headaches, neck pain, numbness and tingling disappeared after I woke up from recovery.

I had 4 herniated discs but the doctor chose to only have surgery on the 2 worst discs which will leave me a potential need for a future surgery (Doctor felt a 10 to 15% likely hood that I will need a future surgery.)

I was hesitant to have the surgery but very thankful to have had it done and on my way to recovery.... my recommendation would be consult a surgeon and then get a second opinion. The procedures have come along way in just the past couple years!

Attachments

• Neck Pre op.jpg
    Neck Pre op.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Neck Post Op 1.jpg
    Neck Post Op 1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Neck Post Op 2.jpg
    Neck Post Op 2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 person
oh my! looks painful.... :(

Wifey was injured as a teenager doing gymnastics and also from having carried 4 kids to full term. Nothing terrible like drastic injury but still she suffers and any relief we can give her, I'd try. We do have a fantastic chiropractor here who has been awesome! Wifey sends her pregnant patients to him also... I found a table on Craigslist that we are going to purchase. Supposed to be the best brand (Teeter). We'll give it a go!

oh my! looks painful.... :(

Wifey was injured as a teenager doing gymnastics and also from having carried 4 kids to full term. Nothing terrible like drastic injury but still she suffers and any relief we can give her, I'd try. We do have a fantastic chiropractor here who has been awesome! Wifey sends her pregnant patients to him also... I found a table on Craigslist that we are going to purchase. Supposed to be the best brand (Teeter). We'll give it a go!

Nothing you don't know already but incorporate tons of stretching, hydration, and massage therapy if you can afford it. Also, ice is your/her best friend. You can also diffuse lavendar oil to promote relaxation while using the table. Make it a fun and relaxing time for her which means you watch the kids! Her body will respond much better.

I found a teeter ep 860 in almost new condition for $125.00 :) It works great.

I am going on 8 weeks post operation on my neck. I had a C3/C4 & C4/C5 anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. I put off surgery for over 2 years while my daughter was finishing up playing ball at UT. I had severe stenosis of the spinal cord and the 2 years of headaches, neck pain, numbness and tingling disappeared after I woke up from recovery.

I had 4 herniated discs but the doctor chose to only have surgery on the 2 worst discs which will leave me a potential need for a future surgery (Doctor felt a 10 to 15% likely hood that I will need a future surgery.)

I was hesitant to have the surgery but very thankful to have had it done and on my way to recovery.... my recommendation would be consult a surgeon and then get a second opinion. The procedures have come along way in just the past couple years!

I am 7 weeks out of having fusion of my L4. And Le as well as 2 disks removed. This was my 2nd back surgery as I had a laminoscopy.and diskectomy. About 5 years ago. I am 38 years old and otherwise very healthy. 5 feet 11 inches tall and weigh about 160 lbs.

I have been on opiate pain meds for about 6 years now and am currently being weaned off of them by my surgeon. Will be happy to escape the prison that is pain pill addiction. I am fortunate in that while my body has become dependent on these pills..The Lord has blessed me and not allowed it to destroy my family or my life.
My doctor removed 2 out of 3 herniated disks also but chose not to treat the last 1 which is way up my spinal column from the other surgeries because it does not hurt me now. Both of operations were at the first 3 vertebrae above my tailbone. I have always been curious about inversion but I know now is not the time for that as it could break apart my fusion. Hope you recover well and may God bless you and yours

If you haven't used a TENS unit. I would highly recommend one. Works great for back aches and when you need a deep tissue massage without going to a therapist. You can pick up a decent one on amazon for about $50.

3 days of lightly using the inversion table now, even had my 86 yo mother in law try it. lol. She was so funny, wish I'd taken a video of her. God, I love that lady.

VN Store

Back