favorite mower/weedeater brand?

GBO1988

wife and I just bought our first house in big orange country. Need some suggestions for reliable mowers and weedeater since I will have to buy these soon. What do ya say volnation? Help a vol out.

Seriously though, I've always had craftsman. I don't have enough yard to buy a zero turn, and all the big time mowers.

Seriously though, I've always had craftsman. I don't have enough yard to buy a zero turn, and all the big time mowers.

I have a Husqvarna 46" cut with a Kawasaki engine. It has done a great job and I would recommend Husqvarna.

Go to a dealer if one is in your area. They carry different models than Lowe's does plus no need to purchase additional warranty.

Good Luck

I second husqvarna or Stihl for weed eater. I've had crappy luck with my mower, my Bad boy zero turn always has something wrong with it.

I bought a Craftsman rider that's pretty much a Husqvarna painted red and has a Craftman logo. It's done pretty well for me.

For weedeaters, I'd suggest Husqvarna or Troy-Bilt.

Im with the others on a Stihl weedeater. Best I ever owned was a Shindiawa but not many dealers in East Tenn.

I have a Husqvarna 46" cut with a Kawasaki engine. It has done a great job and I would recommend Husqvarna.

Go to a dealer if one is in your area. They carry different models than Lowe's does plus no need to purchase additional warranty.

Good Luck
Agree 100% if you're looking at a lawn tractor.

Weedeater is all Shindaiwa.

I like my toro. I'd recommend going with a 4 cycle...more power and no mixing oil.

i gotta related question for the board: what trimmer string do you use? Im frustrated with how fragile trimmer line is.

I like my toro. I'd recommend going with a 4 cycle...more power and no mixing oil.

i gotta related question for the board: what trimmer string do you use? Im frustrated with how fragile trimmer line is.

105. But I run a stihl fs 110.

For weedeater, Shindaiwa is the only way to go.

My t230 is going on 15 years and has seen more hours than most will see in a lifetime. Still starts first time, every time.

For weedeater, Shindaiwa is the only way to go.

My t230 is going on 15 years and has seen more hours than most will see in a lifetime. Still starts first time, every time.

I ran those years ago. Great product.

Only issue my guys had was the exhaust blowing directly on them.

Reactions: 1 person
Another shindaiwa weedeater vote. I'm 32, and my dad is still plugging along with the 2 Shindaiwas he had when I was in middle school. Think about that.

Push mower...I'm a fan of anything with sharp blades and a Honda engine. I loathe self-propelled models though, so I'm probably not the best to ask.

Riding mowers? Hustler Zero turns are my favorites. As far as residential sized mowers, no clue. I'd shoot for a Kawasaki engine if possible.

If you want to make the neighbors jealous go with a reel mower. I use a McLane 5hp 7Blade reel. My yard looks like a fairway.

I like my Hedgehog weed eater.

I know I'm getting a shindaiwa next time.

I just used mine 35 minutes ago to weed eat my 17 trees and multiple roots for about an hour. Starts on the pull, easy to load self feeding head, full aluminum straight shaft and 21.2 cc's of power. I love it. Caught in on sale for $179.99 at my local lawn equipment store.

Echo is the best weedeater I have used. The best weedeater is Killzall mixed double-triple strength.

VN Store

Back