Better luck next year WV

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Obesity Rate Lowest in Hawaii, Highest in Mississippi

But seriously, the SEC is dominating this poll! :rock:

zgxkjrbnluaceakoszfbwa.png

Honestly can't believe TN isn't top-ten. That's something to be proud of.

Interestingly, studies of the reporting of obesity prevalence suggest that the SE US isn't actually the worst, just the most honest.

Honestly can't believe TN isn't top-ten. That's something to be proud of.

Wife and I said the exact same thing.
I was surprised Indiana and New Mexico was in the top 10, but, I haven't been to these states in a while.

I'm not in the least bit surprised that Iowa is in the top 10. So many people here don't do anything outside...

When I think of cultures with high obesity rates, the image of Walmart always comes to mind. Must be all those people I've seen in there bursting their pasty rolls out of ill-advised tube tops like somebody opened a can of biscuits.

So out of curiosity I checked and if you swap out Indiana and Iowa for Kansas and New Hampshire(??) you have the list of top ten states with highest number of Walmarts per capita (different order though).

Not really trying to make a point, although there are a few correlations that could be made. Just thought that was interesting.

WalMart has a stronger presence in poorer states. That's no surprise...after all, they are a discount retailer. Of course, when WalMart themselves pay employees terrible wages, they are also directly contributing to the poverty level of said state. Of course, the lower the income, the less means you have to take better care of yourself...to an extent...and thus, the higher the obesity rate.

I am becoming quite the hippy as I age.

Reactions: 2 people
WalMart has a stronger presence in poorer states. That's no surprise...after all, they are a discount retailer. Of course, when WalMart themselves pay employees terrible wages, they are also directly contributing to the poverty level of said state. Of course, the lower the income, the less means you have to take better care of yourself...to an extent...and thus, the higher the obesity rate.

I am becoming quite the hippy as I age.

Interesting... As you gain experience/age you become a little more liberal?

I've never been to a Walmart in the south but I don't think they're all the same judging by the way people on this forum talk about it. I've been countless times in Iowa and everyone I've seen has been fully clothed to date. I have yet to see people eating boogers or picking their ass.

Someone mentioned that Walmart thrives in poor states which I find weird in terms of mentioning Iowa because Iowa isn't exactly poor, it's ranked smack dab in the middle from the data I saw. Heck, Iowa City is ranked top 10 economically smartest places to live in the country and the Walmart's there are packed daily. To each their own but I'd say someone opposing Walmart when it's not even a requirement to ever go is the one with the real problem. It's a freaking store that sells cheap crap... since when did people start taking issue with that?

If you want something to take issue with, I was looking at some $1,000 icrap the other day and the p.o.s. only had 1 gb of ram. Some people take issue with Walmart is yet companies like Apple and the fanboys that buy their junk are the real problem. You can get an unlocked LG G2 for $200 on amazon with 2gb of ram and a bigger screen. Say what you will about Walmart being trash but I'll take that over price gauging pieces of crap like Apple and their followers any day.

Can't wait til Apple releases their newest product that'll probably be a year behind in specs compared to other phones but will also be the highest priced item on the market. If everyone who bought an ipad or iphone took the time to compare it to other phones and tablets, they'd realize you can get a samsung tab 4 for example with similar specs for $100 as opposed to 500+ for a piece of crap. There is a reason Samsung is marking it so low at this point, it's outdated and yet Apple will sell an equal product in terms of performance for 5-10 times the price.

I mean... if we're just gonna pick on people for where they shop, I take far greater offense from people who shop Apple. Seriously, if I get stuck behind one more hipster douche in a grocery store while he's listening to his piece of crap iphone, I'm gonna run my cart into the nut sack. I remember thinking it was cool having a beard 10 years ago, then they ruined it and now every nerd tries to grow one. I just wanna break their stupid nerd glasses and ask them what the hell their problem is.

Seriously, if you think Walmart goers suck, check out the hipster lumberjack plaid wearing mf'ers on their iphones the entire time they're in the store while not giving a flying f*** whose way they're in. They're the real problem when shopping. At least you guys can avoid Walmart altogether. If only there was a plague that affected hipster iphone douchebags only. Apple and their followers need to be depopulated before Walmart goers if you ask me.

As someone who resides in a top 10 obese state that loves the Walmart, maybe I can just eat Apple consumers/hipsters when I encounter them. Get the fire pit going, slather a little bbq on em. Maybe some corn on the cob dripping with butter and some nice cold PBR to wash er down. More meat for me. Maybe if hipsters, also known as Apple consumers, weren't all vegetarians and vegans, they wouldn't be girly twigs. Being malnourished presents it's on set of problems. Let's do a study on which states have the most anorexic hipsters. I'll guess California is #1. Also #1 in fake hair, fake tans, fake boobs, and fake people. Sadly, Oregon and Washington are trying really hard to be like them.

Fat people have been picked on enough over the years, it's time people start picking on flat people.

Key:
Fat people = Walmart
Malnourished hipsters = Apple

I guess that's what we've settled on :). But really, this is how I see Apple consumers...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkR2XEYEFgk[/youtube]

I still don't buy the notion that poor people can't buy healthy food.

Depends on what. Fresh fruits and vegetables might be hard to afford daily for some people but I know you can get a 2.5 pound of frozen skinless chicken breasts for like 5 dollars on sale. It's usually 7 or 8 full price, cheapest I've seen is 4. But yeah, stuff like that is affordable. Seeing as hamburger right now is 5 bucks for just a pound, that makes the chicken breasts really affordable. And healthy to boot.

Depends on what. Fresh fruits and vegetables might be hard to afford daily for some people but I know you can get a 2.5 pound of frozen skinless chicken breasts for like 5 dollars on sale. It's usually 7 or 8 full price, cheapest I've seen is 4. But yeah, stuff like that is affordable. Seeing as hamburger right now is 5 bucks for just a pound, that makes the chicken breasts really affordable. And healthy to boot.

The amount of money saved if you cut out chips, sweets, sodas, and other non-nutritive items is more than enough to afford some fresh f+v, lean meat, and whole grains.

I've never been to a Walmart in the south but I don't think they're all the same judging by the way people on this forum talk about it. I've been countless times in Iowa and everyone I've seen has been fully clothed to date. I have yet to see people eating boogers or picking their ass.

Someone mentioned that Walmart thrives in poor states which I find weird in terms of mentioning Iowa because Iowa isn't exactly poor, it's ranked smack dab in the middle from the data I saw. Heck, Iowa City is ranked top 10 economically smartest places to live in the country and the Walmart's there are packed daily. To each their own but I'd say someone opposing Walmart when it's not even a requirement to ever go is the one with the real problem. It's a freaking store that sells cheap crap... since when did people start taking issue with that?

If you want something to take issue with, I was looking at some $1,000 icrap the other day and the p.o.s. only had 1 gb of ram. Some people take issue with Walmart is yet companies like Apple and the fanboys that buy their junk are the real problem. You can get an unlocked LG G2 for $200 on amazon with 2gb of ram and a bigger screen. Say what you will about Walmart being trash but I'll take that over price gauging pieces of crap like Apple and their followers any day.

Can't wait til Apple releases their newest product that'll probably be a year behind in specs compared to other phones but will also be the highest priced item on the market. If everyone who bought an ipad or iphone took the time to compare it to other phones and tablets, they'd realize you can get a samsung tab 4 for example with similar specs for $100 as opposed to 500+ for a piece of crap. There is a reason Samsung is marking it so low at this point, it's outdated and yet Apple will sell an equal product in terms of performance for 5-10 times the price.

I mean... if we're just gonna pick on people for where they shop, I take far greater offense from people who shop Apple. Seriously, if I get stuck behind one more hipster douche in a grocery store while he's listening to his piece of crap iphone, I'm gonna run my cart into the nut sack. I remember thinking it was cool having a beard 10 years ago, then they ruined it and now every nerd tries to grow one. I just wanna break their stupid nerd glasses and ask them what the hell their problem is.

Seriously, if you think Walmart goers suck, check out the hipster lumberjack plaid wearing mf'ers on their iphones the entire time they're in the store while not giving a flying f*** whose way they're in. They're the real problem when shopping. At least you guys can avoid Walmart altogether. If only there was a plague that affected hipster iphone douchebags only. Apple and their followers need to be depopulated before Walmart goers if you ask me.

As someone who resides in a top 10 obese state that loves the Walmart, maybe I can just eat Apple consumers/hipsters when I encounter them. Get the fire pit going, slather a little bbq on em. Maybe some corn on the cob dripping with butter and some nice cold PBR to wash er down. More meat for me. Maybe if hipsters, also known as Apple consumers, weren't all vegetarians and vegans, they wouldn't be girly twigs. Being malnourished presents it's on set of problems. Let's do a study on which states have the most anorexic hipsters. I'll guess California is #1. Also #1 in fake hair, fake tans, fake boobs, and fake people. Sadly, Oregon and Washington are trying really hard to be like them.

Fat people have been picked on enough over the years, it's time people start picking on flat people.

Key:
Fat people = Walmart
Malnourished hipsters = Apple

I guess that's what we've settled on :). But really, this is how I see Apple consumers...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkR2XEYEFgk[/youtube]

Sounds like you're mad that u can't grow a beard or afford an iPhone lol... Calm down

VN Store

Back