Nicotine Consumption Poll (open to ALL)

What are your nicotine ingestion habits?

• Total voters

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
I'm just curious about how many people on VN use nicotine and their means of consumption.

Please check all that apply to your CURRENT habits. Please check "None" if you do not use nicotine.

I smoked cigarettes for about 8 years, and completely switched over to vaping in December 2013 after messing around with vapes since 2008. I'm a big fan of personal vaporizers.

Love cigars. I own a handful of pipes and started smoking them as a tradition. Every time I go to Gatlinburg, I visit and purchase a pipe from the same shop. I've been doing it since my high school graduation and the man gives me a discount because I'm a frequent shopper. I love that shop.

I really dislike being around people when they vape, people with cigarettes go outside, people who vape do it inside and blow all that fog around and right in your face. I know that's not everyone but it's my experience with them.

Reactions: 2 people
I really dislike being around people when they vape, people with cigarettes go outside, people who vape do it inside and blow all that fog around and right in your face. I know that's not everyone but it's my experience with them.

Agree 100%. Some people are dicks about it, and it bugs the s*** out of me. I don't know how some people can be so inconsiderate/oblivious.

Reactions: 1 person
m381u.jpg

I'm down to a handful of cigs a day. Coming down from nearly 2 packs a day. Vaping has really helped with that.

Agree 100%. Some people are dicks about it, and it bugs the s*** out of me. I don't know how some people can be so inconsiderate/oblivious.

Right, and they say it's not bad for you, it's just water vapor. That may be the case but it's still annoying.

Chewed, dipped, smoked cigarettes, cigars and a pipe from around 78 on. Gave it all up in 97. Picked up the pipe again when I was deployed because I figured it was cleaner than the air in Kabul, but otherwise haven't gone back.

Took Chantix to get off cig habit, it worked but vivid dreams were almost too hard to handle. To each his own and will not get into an argument about vaping, but I am not at all convinced that it is safe.

I use nicotine gum, helped me quit using tobacco but I use it fairly regularly now in place. If nothing else it's cheaper and less impactful on folks around me.

Nicotine slaves are all the same
At a pettin' party or a poker game
Everything gotta stop while they have a cigarette

Took Chantix to get off cig habit, it worked but vivid dreams were almost too hard to handle. To each his own and will not get into an argument about vaping, but I am not at all convinced that it is safe.

Even though I'm a proponent of vaping, I'm certainly won't ever claim that it's "safe." Luckily, the entire industry is booming, and with that come vape companies and organizations that are dedicated to put the safest possible options out on the market. AEMSA (American E-Liquid Manufacturer Standards Association) is a reputable organization that offers certification of stringent quality control criteria for e-liquid production, from the ingredients used in the liquid, to the conditions of the production area, to the types of bottles suitable for storage and sale, etc.

IMO one of the biggest problems in the industry is that an alarmingly high amount of e-liquid companies use very harmful ingredients in their liquid, namely diacetyl. Diacetyl is a naturally forming compound found in butter. It's completely fine to eat it, but breathing in the fumes can cause a serious form of bronchitis that is often fatal, or at least requires a lung transplant to treat it. Look up Popcorn Lung if you have time, people exposed to diacetyl fumes at microwave popcorn factories either got sick or died. It is most often found in custard, butterscotch, vanilla, creme, etc. flavors (just about anything that you think butter would be a part of). BUT there are some companies that literally spend thousands of dollars to test their liquids for diacetyl and other contaminants before they sell them. There's even a local TN company that practices this, and as awareness increases, more companies will follow.

Sorry for the sermon, but bottom line is that no one should say that vapes are safe. There is a lot of evidence that suggests they are significantly less harmful than cigarettes, but cold turkey will ALWAYS be the safest and healthiest option. :salute:

I just think it looks odd, no offense to any vapers.

Reactions: 1 person
I dip. Usually only 1 or 2 in the evening before bedtime. I've cut down a lot.

I smoke, but I have no idea how people do a pack+ a day. It's disgusting and stupid, period, but I just feel disgusting/stupid after a half a pack a day.

I'd like to quit so badly, but it's honestly hard. I don't which parts harder; the physical or mental withdrawals.

VN Store

Back