Gun Registration in Tn

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
I have a pistol that my Dad gave me for Christmas several years ago

How do i go about getting it registered in my name and where would I do it at ? or can I do it online ?

and no i don't want a carry permit either

They don't require it in TN and why in the hell would you want to?

Reactions: 1 person

How do i go about getting it registered in my name and where would I do it at ? or can I do it online ?

Not required in TN. But go to an FFA dealer with your father (if it's in his name) and they can do it for you. But why..... Keep them under the radar.

Reactions: 2 people
Its always good to have a gun or 10 not registered in your name!

Reactions: 1 person
Not required in TN. But go to an FFA dealer with your father (if it's in his name) and they can do it for you. But why..... Keep them under the radar.

Dad has passed away,so we can't do that,actually what has happened,is that i am slowly going broke and i had to pawn some guns

when i went back to pick them up,the State of Tennessee has said there is a problem,which the registration is the only thing I can think of,that may be wrong

the State was suppose to contact me,but they never have,I was hoping that by registering the pistol,I could get it to go through

would anybody know who to contact about that ?

I have pawned the gun once before and didn't have a problem with it,I have to get it back,because it was my dads pistol

it isn't worth hardly anything,but the sentimental value is extremely high to me

Sorry for your issue friend, I hope and pray you get things worked out and get it back.

Dad has passed away,so we can't do that,actually what has happened,is that i am slowly going broke and i had to pawn some guns

when i went back to pick them up,the State of Tennessee has said there is a problem,which the registration is the only thing I can think of,that may be wrong

the State was suppose to contact me,but they never have,I was hoping that by registering the pistol,I could get it to go through

I have pawned the gun once before and didn't have a problem with it,I have to get it back,because it was my dads pistol

it isn't worth hardly anything,but the sentimental value is extremely high to me

As TN literally has no firearm registration laws I can't see how that could be the problem. When you say "problem" was this something the people at the pawn shop told you? What exactly did they say? "Problem" sounds much too ambiguous.

You don't. There is no such thing in TN.

Only one of two possible problems. Either the guns turned up on the stolen list or you couldn't pass the background check.

Only one of two possible problems. Either the guns turned up on the stolen list or you couldn't pass the background check.

Dad bought it at a gun shop,so I assume everything was OK there and like I said,I had pawned it once before and no problems,the shop ran a check on it then

when the shop ran it this time, all they said was that there was a problem and the State would contact me,which they never have

I'm going to go over and have em run the check again come Friday,If it pops up again,who would I contact about getting the problem resolved ?

there has to be a phone number to call and check it out,I will ask at the shop,but i would like to know who to call before I go over there and pay to have it checked again

money is tight and before I try it again,I would rather know and not have to pay that fee,without knowing what to expect

it has to be something simple,a phone number to call is what I need

and I did pass the check before,it was about a year or so ago

Dad bought it at a gun shop,so I assume everything was OK there and like I said,I had pawned it once before and no problems,the shop ran a check on it then

when the shop ran it this time, all they said was that there was a problem and the State would contact me,which they never have

I'm going to go over and have em run the check again come Friday,If it pops up again,who would I contact about getting the problem resolved ?

there has to be a phone number to call and check it out,I will ask at the shop,but i would like to know who to call before I go over there and pay to have it checked again

money is tight and before I try it again,I would rather know and not have to pay that fee,without knowing what to expect

Couple years old but interesting read.

TN gun buyers frustrated by inconsistent background checks | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

TBI TICS unit manager

615-744-4620

VN Store

Back