Houston Rockets fires kid for tweeting horse/gun emoji

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Is this really worthy of termination?

The Houston Rockets Fired The Kid Who Tweeted Horse/Gun Emoji Last Night - Barstool Sports

rocketstweet.png

You get fired for non- business use of the Internet. So yes..... He deserved it from a business situation. Do I think it was over the top? Yes.

Non-business use of the Internet? Not sure I follow.

Maybe over the top, but bad enough to be terminated? I just don't see it.

Non-business use of the Internet? Not sure I follow.

Maybe over the top, but bad enough to be terminated? I just don't see it.

Non- business or personal use of computer use during business hours. Sorry. Since this was his idea and not the organizations, he was fired.

Last edited:
Non- business or personal use of computer use during business hours. Sorry. Since this was his idea and not the organizations, he was fired.

His job is (was) to tweet and interact with fans so I'd guess most all the tweets are his idea. What is it specifically about this tweet that you feel warrants his termination?

His job is (was) to tweet and interact with fans so I'd guess most all the tweets are his idea. What is it specifically about this tweet that you feel warrants his termination?

I have already stated I believe it was over-the-top for firing him. I don't believe there's anything specific to this tweet that warrants his termination. But My guess is he broke company policy by doing it. If they just fired him because they felt like it then there would be an issue in my opinion.

I have already stated I believe it was over-the-top for firing him. I don't believe there's anything specific to this tweet that warrants his termination. But My guess is he broke company policy by doing it. If they just fired him because they felt like it then there would be an issue in my opinion.

Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant the tweet was over the top, but you meant firing him was over the top.

Guns are bad. Apple is reacting with another emoji update.

I think people over react with this stuff. Like expelling a kid for making a gun sign with his hand, which happened. Just my opinion though.

I think people over react with this stuff. Like expelling a kid for making a gun sign with his hand, which happened. Just my opinion though.

It's not overreacting when his finger fires a .44 magnum slug in some kids head......now is it?

It's not overreacting when his finger fires a .44 magnum slug in some kids head......now is it?

I understand your point, however it was a 6 year old kid(around that age). I did that, had play guns, had bb gun wars, and I've never fired a .44 in anybody's head. So, yea a lot of it is over reacting. Another kid got suspended over a water gun, its ridiculous. I get gun safety, but dang.

Reactions: 3 people
I understand your point, however it was a 6 year old kid(around that age). I did that, had play guns, had bb gun wars, and I've never fired a .44 in anybody's head. So, yea a lot of it is over reacting. Another kid got suspended over a water gun, its ridiculous. I get gun safety, but dang.

I was joking :)

Unless you know of somebody who fires bullets from their finger.

Reactions: 2 people
The NBA is scared to death of being associated with any sort of thuggery. I don't think he deserved to be fired, but this is business as usual. Hell, the Bullets changed their name cause it wasn't PC.

Twitter threats directed at equine emojis are the lowest kind of thuggery there is. Makes me sick

Reactions: 1 person
Twitter threats directed at equine emojis are the lowest kind of thuggery there is. Makes me sick
Horse fanciers everywhere agree. Guy should've used an Apache helicopter aiming a "rocket" at the horsie. Boom, politically correct.

As an aside, lebatard is a KNOWN liberal. What are you folks doing to help a young guy get a job?

VN Store

Back