handed down wisdom

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
I thought it would be interesting to hear what some of you answer to this. What wisdom or advice has your parents/guardian passed on to you, that has stuck with you the most? Mine would be my dad telling me to practice what I preach. Whether it be religious, work, etc. If I say I stand for, or believe something, then do it. I have those words and the moment he said it etched in my brain.

"When things go right look out the window for those who made you successful and give them credit, and when they go bad look in the mirror and figure how you could have led differently."

My dad's advice on business leadership.

"When things go right look out the window for those who made you successful and give them credit, and when they go bad look in the mirror and figure how you could have led differently."

My dad's advice on business leadership.

That's good advice.

I've heard others say what my dad told me, but at that point in my life it made an impact.

My Dad always harped on finding a job in a career that you enjoy doing on a daily basis. He was able to accomplish that and you could really tell he enjoyed what he did, and that motivated me.

I could go on about a hundred other topics as well, I was blessed with a great set of parents.

Reactions: 1 person
Dad said this all the time: "Always remember who you are and who's you are."
I didn't really understand that until later on in life. But now I refer to this often.

My mom told me a long time ago to never pay for vajayjay. There are just too many women out there giving it out for free.

My dad always told me there'd be days like this.

"We all like to play but always get your work done before you play." or said a different way "Work before pleasure".

Simple words but words of wisdom I have tried to live by.

In reference to getting **** on while working calves

"Son it ain't nasty until it hits the ground"

Grandfather

My grandmother's #1 saying, "You made the bed, now you get to sleep in it".

#2. "It all comes out in the wash."

Mine to my kids are about moral responsibility, always do the right thing even though no one is watching.

Grandmother;

There are two ways to deal with a cold, lay in bed and rest you'll get over it in 7 days. Get up and go to work and you'll be over it in a week.

VN Store

Back