California drought

Must be all that Kale they are eating and "progressive" thinking..

I have a good friend who lives out there. She says its gotten bad.

Hopelessly out of date water infrastructure + environmentalist pressure groups who sue to stop any improvement of said infrastructure = the problems we're seeing now.

Reactions: 3 people
Hopelessly out of date water infrastructure + environmentalist pressure groups who sue to stop any improvement of said infrastructure = the problems we're seeing now.

Fracking that needlessly wastes tons of water, Nestle and other bottled water companies sucking aquifers dry... Yeah... Environmental groups are the problem. GTFO.

Fracking that needlessly wastes tons of water, Nestle and other bottled water companies sucking aquifers dry... Yeah... Environmental groups are the problem. GTFO.

They are a problem when they use the courts to stop improvements to the water infrastructure, which hasn't been updated since the 70's when California's population was 1/4 of what it is now.

Riiiigghhhtt. I'm sure the lack of rainfall and massive amounts of groundwater pumped for agriculture and industry are nothing compared to the dastardly actions of those eco-lobbyists.

You just said yourself that the population has quadrupled in the last 40 years. It is a fairly dry state and yet holds a tenth of the population of the US, as well as lots of agriculture. This is as much of a literal supply issue as anything.

Riiiigghhhtt. I'm sure the lack of rainfall and massive amounts of groundwater pumped for agriculture and industry are nothing compared to the dastardly actions of those eco-lobbyists.

You just said yourself that the population has quadrupled in the last 40 years. It is a fairly dry state and yet holds a tenth of the population of the US, as well as lots of agriculture. This is as much of a literal supply issue as anything.

A supply issue that can be mitigated by updating the infrastructure. What part of this are you not understanding?

A supply issue that can be mitigated by updating the infrastructure. What part of this are you not understanding?

What percentage are you saying is being lost due to infrastructure? No need for name calling.

Barbara Streisand still watering her lawn I see.

Are you serious? I feel sorry for the people whose wells have run dry. Mine did a few years ago, and I will be honest, it was tough on my wife and 3 kids.

Semi serious. I remember when they started water rationing and fining people for watering grass and washing cars. Yet she kept on business as usual as did a lot of other wealthy folks did out there. It is the regular working joes I feel for.

Reactions: 1 person
Watering lawns is one of the single largest wastes of water in the country. It's so stupid. Who gives a flying F if your lawn is green or not. Couple that with fertilizer runoff wrecking havoc on freshwater ecosystems... Idiots and their stupid lawns.

And bottled water.

Desalinization will not help California. Where does the salt go? Back into the water? Nope, that'll kill the fish. Into the ground? Nope that'll contaminate aquifers and create land that is not farmable.

The rate at which water is used in the US and other countries is not sustainable in the least. Upgrading California's water facilities is a bandaid fix, at best.

They're going to have to learn to live and adapt with this now.

the story I loved about all of this is. a family quit watering their lawn all together and the neighborhood they live in had an ordinance about keeping lawns in a certain condition. well, the family thought they were doing good by saving water and not watering the lawn. the family received a citation for the condition of their lawn.

that story just made me say, wtf.

the story I loved about all of this is. a family quit watering their lawn all together and the neighborhood they live in had an ordinance about keeping lawns in a certain condition. well, the family thought they were doing good by saving water and not watering the lawn. the family received a citation for the condition of their lawn.

This sounds like classic California to me.

Reactions: 1 person

Homeowners Associations are jerks like that.

Lol Fracking is the problem? It takes 1 gallon of water to grow 1 almond. There are about 1 million acres of almond trees in California. That's 1.1 trillion gallons. Lol at your 70 million gallons

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back