DIY Firepit?

BearCat204

Second Chances
Have been wanting to do something in the backyard to compliment the pool with something like a firepit. Anyone have any experience building one of these and can maybe give some advice on going about it? I feel pretty confident in being able to do it myself, just not sure about whether to go with an above ground of a below ground one. Any advice would be appreciated.

If the roof's on fire let the mother****er burn, if you talking bout money homie I ain't concerned

Idk why but this is what came to mind

I have 3 portable fire extinguishers...........the subject of house fire has definitely come up with me in the past lol

Pinterest, man. You'll probably find 50 ideas you like. You probably want something pretty, but I saw the easiest fire pit in the world:

F036H49HHS9LRP2.LARGE.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard - just check to see if the masonry you are using can handle the heat.

I think Lowes has some plans for a fire ring that looks pretty simple and effective.

Reactions: 1 person
Whatever you do, do NOT use mortar. I got some of that high heat mortar and it still cracked when I built a BBQ pit. Still works but the cracks are fugly.

Thanks for the suggestions......will definitely check out pinterest

Above ground is nice to set your feet on and safer if there are any kids around. Mine is just curved Belgard landscaping stones, no mortar. I set a raised metal fire pit dish on a stand down in it so the fire would be higher and to drain water. Works great.

Shouldn't be too hard - just check to see if the masonry you are using can handle the heat.

Don't use river rock unless you want shrapnel flying out of the fire.

I had one built last year. After looking into diy I knew I wouldn't find the time to finish one. I'm in a barter organization and there was a mason in the network so I called him up. Mine is about 1 foot in ground with a ring about 1 foot above ground with a roughly 2.5 ft in diameter. I can put a pretty big fire in there.

Our firepit is just a circle of large, flat, river rocks. I put red lava rock on the inside and a foot wide perimeter of white gravel around the firepit. Simple. Cheap. Effective.

Have been wanting to do something in the backyard to compliment the pool with something like a firepit. Anyone have any experience building one of these and can maybe give some advice on going about it? I feel pretty confident in being able to do it myself, just not sure about whether to go with an above ground of a below ground one. Any advice would be appreciated.
Go to Home Depot on Friday, April 9. They will be having a HUGE Spring Black Friday sale. All the items you need are there; pit insert, pave stone, etc. The ad should be in Wednesdays papers.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back