What do I need to know?

tropicana

A week ago today I found out/decided that I'm going to attend UTK.

Im not a fan, nor have I ever been a fan of the vols.
Im from Memphis & grew up to hate orange..

With that being said I'm happy as hell to jump ship and leave Memphis.:mf_surrender: These kids here who chose Memphis over Tennessee are honestly crazy. I cant stand living here any longer.

Im tired of all our pathetic sports and ghetto town.
I'll change to the team I was taught to hate anyday if it means being in knox.

With all that being said, If you could tell someone like me who is completely new something about tennessee/knox or whatever what would you say?

GBO?:thumbsup:

Chilhowee is the best lake. It's a long haul to get there. Norris and Tellico Lakes are sweet. Cherokee and Douglas draw down quickly and the dams don't have navigatable locks (Norris either). Fort Loudon is the biggest party. Watts Bar connects Fort Loudon and Chattanooga. Melton Hill is small and still resembles a river the most.

Most of the national chain stores and restaurants and rich people are on the west side.

There are 3 main routes to the Smoky Mountains. I-40E/Hwy 66 takes you through tourist hell. Chapman Highway and Alcoa Highway get you there at a slower speed, but faster during busy times.

Rednecks are real.

The pill addicted population has soared.

Rednecks addicted to pills will steal everything they can get their hands on.

With that being said I'm happy as hell to jump ship and leave Memphis.:mf_surrender: These kids here who chose Memphis over Tennessee are honestly crazy. I cant stand living here any longer.

With all that being said, If you could tell someone like me who is completely new something about tennessee/knox or whatever what would you say?

After a week, you'll be hooked on UT everything and laugh at your Tiger High friends

Peyton Manning, Eric Berry, Al Wilson, Leonard Little... if you don't know these names.. learn them before moving.

Congrats on making the right move. :)

No matter what the guys on frat row tell you, the end of the funnel goes in your mouth and nowhere else.

Reactions: 6 people
We hate Florida Lizards and any thing to do with red tide. And Vandy.

I hate how people from my hometown are bred to resent the Vols. I still hate when I'm in the Commissary and I see that damn Commercial Appeal front page from the one time Memphis won the football game

When asked anything about football, reply with "Butch gets it", until you learn more.

Go to class and study so you can remain in the great city of Knoxville for some of the best years of your life young'un.

Understand that while the BBQ in Memphis is pretty good, Dead End BBQ is better.

Tuesday is pancake day.

Have you visited Knox before and you will fall in love if you haven't..one football game and you'll be hooked. Son is on schedule to be going there, he graduated last year and got the two years free at Southwest C.C. But he's always been in love with UT.. I say leave and never turn back..but always come back for the Q..

D9D9F200-5880-470E-9ED3-0A503E89B89A.jpg

VN Store

Back