What Does Adsense Get Wrong About You?

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Adsense (if you don't know) is the banner (display) ads you see all over the web, including on Volnation. It's how Freak gets paid.

Anyway, generally they are pretty good about showing ads that apply to you, but I work on a scrapbooking website, and Adsense thinks I'm a fat, old Mom. I get diaper ads, big and tall swimsuit ads, yoga, etc. What do you guys see on your end that's odd?

Who was it that complained about getting gay ads on Volnation? It was in a thread a while ago. A game thread maybe. Can't remember. It cracked me up.

Reactions: 2 people
Who was it that complained about getting gay ads on Volnation? It was in a thread a while ago. A game thread maybe. Can't remember. It cracked me up.

It was a VN Poster trolling an Alabama site if I remember correctly. They said he posted a screen shot that had the gay banner on it.

Reactions: 3 people
I get ads of sexy looking women wearing racy tee shirts mostly

That shouldn't be illegal. I love me some Road Kill T-shirts.

I had a bunch of gun control sites popping up. Really didn't make sense. But now I don't get any.

Glorious actually.

Reactions: 1 person
That shouldn't be illegal. I love me some Road Kill T-shirts.

I had a bunch of gun control sites popping up. Really didn't make sense. But now I don't get any.

Glorious actually.

I've got no problems with Road Kill tee shirts also. The Redhead is something else.:naughty:

On my desktop I get tons of Motherhood and baby gear ads. But that's probably due to my wife's search habits.

Retargeting drives me nuts. Go to Host Gator one time and ever single ad on every other site will be theirs for a week.

I get car-related ads often. I haven't driven in a few years and still don't look at cars online.

Mine have been Kumho tires and some kind of thin wallet for a while.

Last edited:
I get a lot of video game ads, which is interesting since the last video game console I owned was an Intellivision. Maybe they're recruiting.

VN Store

Back