Anyone here a ENT?

Berry4Heisman14

VOL til death
Ive had tinnitus (ringing ear) in my right ear since Sunday. No hearing loss, no dizziness, and I cleaned my ears out. Its not a super loud ring it only bothers me at night. Sound throughout the day blocks it out. I dont listen to my music loud, I used but I figured if that was the cause id have hearing loss. Can anyone help? Thank you!

I'm not a Dr, but I do play one on TV! Seriously, it may be just fluid from sinuses or a shower. I had it happen after swimming and put some alcohol on a qtip, it worked for me.

53 and have had it constantly for years. It is a nuisance and not treatable. Constantly as in 24/7.

Reactions: 1 person
Had it for 20+ years now. An audiologist said it is untreatable and possibly "brain based"-- people supposedly go deaf and still " hear" it

53 and have had it constantly for years. It is a nuisance and not treatable. Constantly as in 24/7.

You likely have Meniere's disease. Not likely what is causing his as Ive rarely seen it without symptoms of vertigo.

OP...are you on any medications?

My wife is a RN and I ask her. She said certain medications can cause this or an inner ear infection.

You likely have Meniere's disease. Not likely what is causing his as Ive rarely seen it without symptoms of vertigo.

No medications. No vertigo or dizziness. I flew to florida and my opposite ear was clogged the whole trip. When I flew back home I cleaned it witg peroxide anf that fixed It. Well then I cleaned my ear that now rings with peroxide and it clogged. I tried flushing it with shower water, stuff like that. It eventually popped and didnt feel clogged anymore but it began ringing a week later.

No vertigo here. I blame it on aircraft maintenance for 15 years. That and tree felling and other yard work without unprotected hearing protection.

No medications. No vertigo or dizziness. I flew to florida and my opposite ear was clogged the whole trip. When I flew back home I cleaned it witg peroxide anf that fixed It. Well then I cleaned my ear that now rings with peroxide and it clogged. I tried flushing it with shower water, stuff like that. It eventually popped and didnt feel clogged anymore but it began ringing a week later.

Told her this and she said it sounds like an infection behind the eardrum and/or fluid behind the eardrum. Then she added, you need to see a Dr.

Hope this helps.

There are other reasons to have persistent chronic tinnitus besides Meniere's. I've had it constantly for about four years now. My doctor says it's from my Lyme disease. I've had head and inner ear MRIs that came back perfectly normal.

Ive had tinnitus (ringing ear) in my right ear since Sunday. No hearing loss, no dizziness, and I cleaned my ears out. Its not a super loud ring it only bothers me at night. Sound throughout the day blocks it out. I dont listen to my music loud, I used but I figured if that was the cause id have hearing loss. Can anyone help? Thank you!

I'm not an ENT but have two friends I could refer you to in the Knoxville area. Hard to guess at a cause without a good exam and possibly some diagnostic testing.

Mage hydrogen peroxide trick caused me to have a yeast infection in my ear. That was the worst/grossest thing ever. Lotrimin drops, OTC, solved it.

It's not the same for everyone. I'm fairly certain there are causes that can be treated such as a nutritional deficiency or the side effect of another treatable condition.

I wasn't so lucky with mine, and it sounds like you weren't with yours, but that doesn't mean everyone's experience is the same.

There are many causes for Tinnitus from things like medications, to sinus issues, to high blood pressure, to alcohol use.

It sounds self inflicted most likely. The most common cause for an inability to clear a Eustachian tube is from sinus issues(cold, sinus infection, allergies, etc.). In the process of being frustrated and trying to clear a "clogged" ear/Eustachian tube it's easier than you think to be forceful and damage your ear.

If the tinnitus hasn't diminished at all since Sunday it may be worth getting it checked out like others have mentioned.

I'm not trying to get into a big debate about this, but the link you provided listed various causes that can be treated and would eliminate the tinnitus (hyper/hypohyroidism, jaw misalignment, wax build-up, etc). They even say in the ototoxic meds section that it is only temporary with certain meds and will go away when the med is discontinued.

The link and my doc say the same thing. So there's that.

There are many causes for Tinnitus from things like medications, to sinus issues, to high blood pressure, to alcohol use.

It sounds self inflicted most likely. The most common cause for an inability to clear a Eustachian tube is from sinus issues(cold, sinus infection, allergies, etc.). In the process of being frustrated and trying to clear a "clogged" ear/Eustachian tube it's easier than you think to be forceful and damage your ear.

If the tinnitus hasn't diminished at all since Sunday it may be worth getting it checked out like others have mentioned.

Its not loud at all. Only noticeable when I sleep. Ill have to go monday

Its not loud at all. Only noticeable when I sleep. Ill have to go monday

Makes sense, happens to me when I sit in a quiet room only it does so with both ears. The quiet seems to amplify it. In the meantime you could use a sound machine to break the silence if it's keeping you from sleeping. You can also use your laptop or other mobile device.

White Noise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u85x_MtSxoU

Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6kn9_U8qk

Star Trek Engine Idle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DydIK14AvXI

VN Store

Back