Why We Should Never Trust a Jury

I don't know much about this case but I've heard of some crazy stuff while taking ambien.

They gave me that crap after my heart attack for not sleeping well. Took it once, refused to take it again. After they gave it to me, my wife asked me what the hell was wrong with me. I told her that my brain was messed up - it's all still up there, but just sort of in the wrong order. It messed me up, for sure, but somehow taking out my two boys never crossed my mind.

Any strong prescribed sleeping pills can cause stuff like that. I was once prescribed seroquel, and I'd walk around in a trance/daze hallucinating from it. Id then go lay back down and fall back asleep, and by morning, half of the time I wouldn't remember any of it.

Any strong prescribed sleeping pills can cause stuff like that. I was once prescribed seroquel, and I'd walk around in a trance/daze hallucinating from it. Id then go lay back down and fall back asleep, and by morning, half of the time I wouldn't remember any of it.

No sleeping medication on this earth would make someone kill someone else. If that were the case governments would have abused these magical power pills and use them for their own gain. They can cause you to do other things like, lose your memory, hallucinate, clean the house, rearrange furniture, make a 6 course meal in the middle of the night, drive to Hardees and order half the menu, but none of those include murdering someone in your own house. If you did that after taking a sleeping pill it wasn't because of the pill it was because you had the idea in your mind long before you took the pill.

Reactions: 2 people
No sleeping medication on this earth would make someone kill someone else. If that were the case governments would have abused these magical power pills and use them for their own gain. They can cause you to do other things like, lose your memory, hallucinate, clean the house, rearrange furniture, make a 6 course meal in the middle of the night, drive to Hardees and order half the menu, but none of those include murdering someone in your own house. If you did that after taking a sleeping pill it wasn't because of the pill it was because you had the idea in your mind long before you took the pill.

No sleeping pill on earth would make some one get in their car and drive either? Right?

I don't take sleeping pills. But, I will sometimes sleep walk.

My wife heard s honk one night about 2am. It woke my wife. She looked hot me but couldn't find me. She just néw I was in the street and a car honked at me.

I was in her truck. Trying to start it to leave. Had I had the keys????

I have no recollection of it.

I should of clarified in my post. I wasn't meaning they could cause someone to commit murder, just sleep walk, hallucinate, etc.

I guess when I opened this thread I expected to see a post about someone being wrongfully convicted and then overturned 30 years down the line...

Don't be so sure. I had a childhood friend who would sleepwalk and if you made the mistake of trying to wake him up he got violent. You had to slowly and calmly approach him.

Don't be so sure. I had a childhood friend who would sleepwalk and if you made the mistake of trying to wake him up he got violent. You had to slowly and calmly approach him.

I get violent when somebody tries to wake me up, sleepwalking or not.

Even if this guys story is true, doubtful, I can't believe that anyone does things while sleep walking that they wouldn't do awake.

Just like when people claim "I'm a mean drunk", no you're not. You're a piece of **** 24/7, you just don't hide it as well when you're drinking.

Even if this guys story is true, doubtful, I can't believe that anyone does things while sleep walking that they wouldn't do awake.

Just like when people claim "I'm a mean drunk", no you're not. You're a piece of **** 24/7, you just don't hide it as well when you're drinking.

While I'm sure many would agree that I'm a asshat 24/7 I can tell you for a fact that alcohol has that effect on me. I can't drink just one and the more I drink the meaner I get. Red was always safe as my anger never turned on her but many others weren't so lucky.
Sober 7 years on the 22nd ftw

And no I don't believe you would kill someone in your sleep. My buddy would throw a couple punches and wake up quickly.

It seems like there was a case 15 years ago where a guy was found not guilty of murder because he was sleepwalking. I remember thinking it was crap back then.

I should of clarified in my post. I wasn't meaning they could cause someone to commit murder, just sleep walk, hallucinate, etc.

Most definitely.

Those people might flail or kick in their sleep "to make you leave them alone", but they're not going to smother you to death and claim they were sleep walking when they did it.

That's pretty much true.

Lol!

I'm skeptical of juries just as I have little confidence in my "peers".

Last edited:
While I'm sure many would agree that I'm a asshat 24/7 I can tell you for a fact that alcohol has that effect on me. I can't drink just one and the more I drink the meaner I get. Red was always safe as my anger never turned on her but many others weren't so lucky.
Sober 7 years on the 22nd ftw

Congratulations on 7 years.

VN Store

Back