new VFL (fan) in Heaven

volstuckinwa

I am mourning the loss of a man that showed me what being a true Vol meant. He took me to my first game in 78 and I have been hooked ever since. He was there with me and my son this past season when we checkered Neyland to show his grandson what the Vol experience was like for his first time. He left us tonight after a really freak accident in the hospital left him hooked to a ventilator for 6 days. He volunteered himself into the Marines at 17 and fought in Vietnam. Thankfully, he returned home and led a loving life that has affected many people in a positive way. One of his wishes at his funeral was he wanted to be ushered out to the sounds of Rocky Top, so we will be granting that request without hesitation. Love you dad! Heaven gets another great Volunteer!

Last edited:
Reactions: 97 people
I am mourning the loss of a man that showed me what being a true Vol meant. He took me to my first game in 78 and I have been hooked ever since. He was there with me and my son this past season when we checkered Neyland to show his grandson what the Vol experience was like for his first time. He left us tonight after a really freak accident in the hospital left him hooked to a ventilator for 6 days. He volunteered himself into the Marines at 17 and fought in Vietnam. Thankfully, he returned home and led a loving life that has affected many people in a positive way. One of his wishes at his funeral was he wanted to be ushered out to the sounds of Rocky Top, so we will be granting that request without hesitation. Love you dad! Heaven gets another great Volunteer!
His body is gone but those memories will live forever

Sorry for your loss. The great memories you were able to share will last both you and your sons lifetimes.

I hate to hear that. He sounds like a great man, father, and grandfather. RIP.

Tough Marine...great father and grandfather...and VFL? Had that Fastpass to Heaven already bought and paid for...sorry for your loss.

volstuckinwa, I am so very sorry about the loss of your dad. Our deepest and sincere condolences to you and your family. Hugs my fellow VOLS fan!

tears-in-memory-candle.jpg

Prayers for you and your family, it's hard to lose your dad. I lost my Dad at twenty one in 1967, he also was a great Vols fan.

VN Store

Back