Military Parents

dblutfan

Was wondering if any of you have children in the military? My youngest son recently joined the Air Force and left for boot camp today. His job will be in the aircraft maintenance field. Can't begin to tell you how proud I am of him or how much I'm going to miss him.
Anyway if you do, I would love to hear about them and what there job is and what branch they serve in.

Reactions: 2 people
There's a bunch of us that are in the military. Obsessed (brother) and Volly (son-in-law) have family in.

Was wondering if any of you have children in the military? My youngest son recently joined the Air Force and left for boot camp today. His job will be in the aircraft maintenance field. Can't begin to tell you how proud I am of him or how much I'm going to miss him.
Anyway if you do, I would love to hear about them and what there job is and what branch they serve in.

Aim high! My oldest is in the USAF, going on 6 years. He loves it. First stationed at Scott AFB, then Kunsan Korea, and is home from Ramstein Germany on his way back to Osan Korea. After a year there, he will be statiined at Lakenheath in the UK.

Tell your son to take advantage of everything they offer; TSP, education, and travel to name a few.

We're excited for him but hate to see him go. He is wanting to stay stateside on the coast somewhere but not sure how that's going to work out for him.
I know his mother will be a basket case if he gets stationed out of the states.
From what I can tell he has a bright future if he takes advantage of everything that is offered.

Daughter and son in law are both in the air force at Warner Robbins in Macon Georgia.

Congratulations, I'm sure you are proud of him. Neither of mine joined so no perspective to give you. I think my mom was glad to see me get on the bus.....

Aim high! My oldest is in the USAF, going on 6 years. He loves it. First stationed at Scott AFB, then Kunsan Korea, and is home from Ramstein Germany on his way back to Osan Korea. After a year there, he will be statiined at Lakenheath in the UK.

Tell your son to take advantage of everything they offer; TSP, education, and travel to name a few.

Air Force brat here. Had to post because of all the familiar places you mentioned. We were stationed at Scott, Ramstein, and Mildenhall (right beside Lakenheath).

He'll enjoy Lakenheath.

Last edited:
I feel you OP

My little brother is a Marine. Finished basic last summer and is in Missouri right now for school. (Mos)

The particular job you said your son is going do, my brother did for the Air Force. He loved it.

My heart goes out to you, but he will be a better man for it.

Hahaha

OP doesn't know how easy the Air Force boys/gals have it. After basic, it's steak dinners and golfing.

Even in basic they have it easy. IIRC they don't even qualify with a weapon, it's just fam Fire.

My son is getting very close to going into the Navy. Pretty much a done deal, just sorting out the paper work.

I did watch a few videos on BMT in the different branches and there is difference. I would not wish Marine BMT on anyone.

I have no doubt that at least one of my boys will join. Its a family tradition. Both really love the army. The oldest is 11 and youngest is 8. I told them if they join go the ROTC route and be an officer instead becoming a crusty old 1SG like dear old dad.

I did watch a few videos on BMT in the different branches and there is difference. I would not wish Marine BMT on anyone.

Marines are a different breed.

They might not be before basic, but they are after. Lmao.

I have no doubt that at least one of my boys will join. Its a family tradition. Both really love the army. The oldest is 11 and youngest is 8. I told them if they join go the ROTC route and be an officer instead becoming a crusty old 1SG like dear old dad.

To me, that's the smartest way to do it.

if you're a 1SG, you've had a good career, congrats

How many push-ups will they order you to do every day ?

VN Store

Back