Honda Financing

CanadianVol

Wife and I are in the market for a new honda. I'm struggling to figure out if they ever offer 0% financing. The lowest I've found is 0.9%. Anybody know if they ever offer 0%, and if so, when?

Wife and I are in the market for a new honda. I'm struggling to figure out if they ever offer 0% financing. The lowest I've found is 0.9%. Anybody know if they ever offer 0%, and if so, when?

I can't ever remember them doing 0%, and I've been paying attention to Honda sales off and on for about 15 years. .9% is about the lowest I've seen.... which really ain't bad.

Just ran some numbers on what a $40,000 car financed at 4 years would be. Looks like about $750 in interest payments over the life of the loan.

Out of curiosity, which Honda are youbl considering?

I've owned about 4 Hondas and currently have a Pilot financed thru American Honda Finance. .9% is as low as I've seen over the years. If you start running the numbers, there's not a whole lot of difference once you get that low.

Does the .9 ever extend beyond 36 months? The difference on 1.9 to 0 at Toyota over 48 or 60 is significant

That's a great effing van. Just a great effing van. Good choice sir, what color are you aiming for?

Wife wants black. We probably won't pull the trigger this year after running the numbers this morning, but planning for early next year, or if an awesome deal comes around. We are also considering the Sienna

Wife wants black. We probably won't pull the trigger this year after running the numbers this morning, but planning for early next year, or if an awesome deal comes around. We are also considering the Sienna

Those are nice too. Good van. Only van im not a fan of are the chryslers. Cheap feel to them. Then again they are cheap to buy.

Just ran some numbers on what a $40,000 car financed at 4 years would be. Looks like about $750 in interest payments over the life of the loan.

That doesn't sound like very much interest. Surely there are hidden costs.

That doesn't sound like very much interest. Surely there are hidden costs.

That's actually pretty accurate. When I ran $40,000 through a payment calculator, at 1.9 over 60 months it was about 640. At 0% over the same period it came out at 612 or something like that. 28 bucks a month over 60 is about 1700

Those are nice too. Good van. Only van im not a fan of are the chryslers. Cheap feel to them. Then again they are cheap to buy.

Because they are.

OP, as mentioned odysseys are great vans. We had one when the kids were smaller and my wife loved it. Never had any major problems and that's after using it to pull a camper. Sadly, it was a victim of the 2010 flood or we would have gladly kept it around.

The Odyssey....I'll leave my man card on the way out

I've had two of them. You spend the first couple of weeks hoping nobody sees you driving it, but it's a really good vehicle that I immediately missed after we got rid of it. Never had a problem with either van. If you've got kids and/or go on trips, that thing is gold.

I've had two of them. You spend the first couple of weeks hoping nobody sees you driving it, but it's a really good vehicle that I immediately missed after we got rid of it. Never had a problem with either van. If you've got kids and/or go on trips, that thing is gold.

Exactly. It's the sliding doors. People think that SUVs are what you want for kids. You try loading up some child seats in an suv and then try it in a van.

Be smart people, buy minivans.

Exactly. It's the sliding doors. People think that SUVs are what you want for kids. You try loading up some child seats in an suv and then try it in a van.

You're exactly right. Whoever invented automated sliding doors deserves a Nobel Prize. And they've given minivans a much more sleek look to help overcome the stigma.

Reactions: 1 person

That's exactly what two of my wife's friends are saying. Can't believe we want a minivan

You're exactly right. Whoever invented automated sliding doors deserves a Nobel Prize. And they've given minivans a much more sleek look to help overcome the stigma.

What's funnier is how much softer SUVs have become.

akarzdskb1q4zj5wwx71.jpg

Put some sliding doors on it and call it an odyssey trail package.

Also I am biased. I drive an old Miata with the same manly pride a man feels after hitting a game winning shot in pickup basketball. A car need not be a statement of your manliness.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
What's funnier is how much softer SUVs have become.

akarzdskb1q4zj5wwx71.jpg

Put some sliding doors on it and call it an odyssey trail package.

Also I am biased. I drive an old Miata with the same manly pride a man feals after hitting a game winning shot in pickup basketball. A car need not be a statement of your manliness.

You drive a Miata, your opinion is invalid. Come back when you grow a pair :)

Reactions: 3 people
It's not according to me, it's according to ford themselves:

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WCg7uesivkY[/youtube]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WCg7uesivkY

Any idea if that 8 track tape player is still an option Nerd? I think that would be a great add on to a Honda minivan, and I really miss the sound - click... tssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh - of those 8 track players.

VN Store

Back