I need a new job

I feel that way sometimes, but mine is due to nightshift. Other than that, I love my job.

I said the same about this time last year and was moved to Florida within 3 months. Post a resume on some sites and you will get hits. Trouble can be sorting thru them

Even though I love my career and job, I'm always looking for something better. You should always have an up to date resume going and like pj said, post it out there on sites abd wait for hits. I actually got an interview offer Wednesday from a contractor I had never had contact with simply due to them seeing my resume on monster.

If you do LinkedIn right, it's easy to find new work, especially with a finance background. You would probably need to be doing something analytical still, though.

Even though I love my career and job, I'm always looking for something better. You should always have an up to date resume going and like pj said, post it out there on sites abd wait for hits. I actually got an interview offer Wednesday from a contractor I had never had contact with simply due to them seeing my resume on monster.

Yeah, each year I get half a dozen people hitting me up on LinkedIn, unsolicited. If you have a good resume on there, and good recommendations, it's a really powerful tool. It takes time to accumulate recommendations.

What specifically do you do, why are you burned out, and any idea of what you want to do?

Posting on monster, and indeed actually works? I'm always nervous I'm just going to get spammed

Posting on monster, and indeed actually works? I'm always nervous I'm just going to get spammed

I get contacted often through email often, there have been a few that have had absolutely.nothing to do with my skill set like insurance sales, but there have been many that I have actually considered.

Got my current job from posting my resume on indeed. Only got a couple that seemed unrelated to my skills

I get contacted often through email often, there have been a few that have had absolutely.nothing to do with my skill set like insurance sales, but there have been many that I have actually considered.

We have an opening in our department of redundancy department. You may be the guy we're looking for maybe.

Reactions: 4 people
What specifically do you do, why are you burned out, and any idea of what you want to do?

Manager of a finance company. Burned out because this business is putting up with a TON of stupidity. I mean a TON. And I just want to do anything that doesn't get me screamed at by a customer every 45 minutes.

Burnt out as hell. Work in finance. Someone show me the light

It may not be for you, but their are civil service jobs with the milirary. A contracting officer (civilian position) might be an interesting change of pace. Does require you to sign a mobility statement.
After you complete their training and certified, your pay grade is GS-11 with advancement to GS-13 fairly quickly, unless something has changed in the past couple years.

It may not be for you, but their are civil service jobs with the milirary. A contracting officer (civilian position) might be an interesting change of pace. Does require you to sign a mobility statement.
After you complete their training and certified, your pay grade is GS-11 with advancement to GS-13 fairly quickly, unless something has changed in the past couple years.

Interesting. Where do you apply to these jobs

Manager of a finance company. Burned out because this business is putting up with a TON of stupidity. I mean a TON. And I just want to do anything that doesn't get me screamed at by a customer every 45 minutes.

What does your finance company do? Finance is a pretty broad field...

VN Store

Back