Night Terrors

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Just curious if anyone else here suffers from them. Me, my dad, and my youngest son all have them. I started getting them around the age of 10 and I will have at least 4 or 5 a week.

They are usually always the same. I hafe awaken to see and feel Brown Recluse spiders all over me or wake up seeing Grey Aliens all around me.

My wife has grown used to it over the years but it's tough when we have company stay that doesn't understand what they are.

Honestly, I didn't know adults had "night terrors". My two year old niece is having them right now. I have bad dreams on occasion but they're few and far between. Is your fear of brown recluse spiders irrational or does it stem from some real life experience you had?

I have the same thing. Sometimes I'll wake up and think there's spiders in my bed. I'll jump out of bed real quick and then stand there for a minute before I realize there's not really anything in my bed.

I have the same thing. Sometimes I'll wake up and think there's spiders in my bed. I'll jump out of bed real quick and then stand there for a minute before I realize there's not really anything in my bed.

Hahahaha! I've done the same thing, pretty much stripped the sheets off the bed looking for something that I swore bit my foot while I was sleeping. It didn't happen 4 to 5 times a night though.

Reactions: 1 person
Hahahaha! I've done the same thing, pretty much stripped the sheets off the bed looking for something that I swore bit my foot while I was sleeping. It didn't happen 4 to 5 times a night though.

I had the same happen to me once but never a daily occurrence.

This happens to me only occasionally. Other times I'll wake up and think I saw a snake slithering around on the floor. I'm just about ready to go running out of my apartment then. I hate snakes and spiders.

A lot of what y'all are describing are nightmares. There's a difference between that and night terrors. If you remember a dream, it was probably a nightmare since it happens at a different sleep stage.

We had to deal with night terrors with my oldest son for years. Finally gave in and medicated him. It's been a godsend.

Honestly, I didn't know adults had "night terrors". My two year old niece is having them right now. I have bad dreams on occasion but they're few and far between. Is your fear of brown recluse spiders irrational or does it stem from some real life experience you had?
I have gotten bit before so I do really have a phobia of them.

The best way of describing a Night Terror is waking up but bringing a part of the dream out with you for about 5 to 30 secs.

I have gotten bit before so I do really have a phobia of them.

The best way of describing a Night Terror is waking up but bringing a part of the dream out with you for about 5 to 30 secs.

That sounds like a normal dream

A lot of what y'all are describing are nightmares. There's a difference between that and night terrors. If you remember a dream, it was probably a nightmare since it happens at a different sleep stage.

We had to deal with night terrors with my oldest son for years. Finally gave in and medicated him. It's been a godsend.
I have been to sleep clinics and it was their conclusion it was Night Terrors. I have put my fists through walls. Dislocated my shoulder trying to ram through a locked door. My wife says I will wake up running, screaming, or chasing things sometimes.

I have learned that they are way more likely to happen if I go to sleep stressed or mad.

It has gotten worse the older I've gotten. Same with my dad. I guess sense stress triggers them easily it makes sense.

It really makes it tough to sleep away from home. Whenever I do I always make sure I get pretty lit before I go to sleep. Alcohol prevents them for some reason.

I have been to sleep clinics and it was their conclusion it was Night Terrors. I have put my fists through walls. Dislocated my shoulder trying to ram through a locked door. My wife says I will wake up running, screaming, or chasing things sometimes.

I have learned that they are way more likely to happen if I go to sleep stressed or mad.

I thought I remembered hearing that people didn't remember why they were screaming and freaking out when they had night terrors.

That sounds a lot more like it. It's more closely related to sleepwalking than actual bad dreams. My son was "waking up" in full freak out mode and then having no recollection the next day. Like I said, we finally gave in and medicated and it was shocking how quickly things settled down. He went from nightly episodes to less than 5 in the past 6 months.

The only other thing that would sometimes work is setting an alarm to go off about an hour into his sleep to reset his sleep cycle. That eventually stopped working though.

That sounds a lot more like it. It's more closely related to sleepwalking than actual bad dreams. My son was "waking up" in full freak out mode and then having no recollection the next day.

Like I said, we finally gave in and medicated my son and it was shocking how quickly things settled down.
Most I usually don't remember my wife or kids will tell me I had one. The Spiders and Alien ones causes me to wake up and its usually a while before I can go back to sleep. I know better to watch Arachnophobia or any Alien Abduction movie before bed for sure lol.

What scares me is I fear I am going to give myself a heart attack one day. It can't be good on the heart

What scares me is I fear I am going to give myself a heart attack one day. It can't be good on the heart

Have you ever talked to a Doctor about it? It's often anxiety related and can be easily controlled.

I thought I remembered hearing that people didn't remember why they were screaming and freaking out when they had night terrors.
Most of the time I don't remember. My wife or kids will tell me I've had one. A few times I will wake up the next day cut or bruised and know I had a bad one

VN Store

Back