Looking to Buy a New Fridge

ninerplaya57

My fridge just died and I have to buy a new one. Anyone have any suggestions on brand or model numbers? I'm looking for a french door style and I need a big freezer space. I'm hoping it will last me a long time (10-15 years or so) like my previous one did. I've looked at some online reviews of various ones and it seems like no matter which brand I looked at there were a lot of problems with all of them. Thanks for any insight you guys can give me!

Quite pleased with the Whirlpool we bought a year ago through Costco. The french doors are great with a bottom freezer. We also went with the refrigerated drawer, but you can pass on that if you need the extra freezer space. Reviews were great on it. Total 25 cf. Costco beat everybody on price. The delivery company set it up and hauled the old one off.

Quite pleased with the Whirlpool we bought a year ago through Costco. The french doors are great with a bottom freezer. We also went with the refrigerated drawer, but you can pass on that if you need the extra freezer space. Reviews were great on it. Total 25 cf. Costco beat everybody on price. The delivery company set it up and hauled the old one off.

We've got that exact model in stainless steel. It has worked well.

Reactions: 1 person

I actually saw a kenmore elite that I liked and it was a lot cheaper than the samsungs. I haven't had a chance to look at the reviews yet but I know one of the kenmore elites is made almost entirely by LG and I am not a fan of LG. I'm trying to find out who makes the parts for the one I saw. Ideally I don't want to spend more than $2500 or so unless there is one I really like.

We've got that exact model in stainless steel. It has worked well.

:good!:

Ours is stainless as well. I have been amazed with all of the room it has inside. Runs quiet. Blew our previous GE Profile out of the water.

I actually saw a kenmore elite that I liked and it was a lot cheaper than the samsungs. I haven't had a chance to look at the reviews yet but I know one of the kenmore elites is made almost entirely by LG and I am not a fan of LG. I'm trying to find out who makes the parts for the one I saw. Ideally I don't want to spend more than $2500 or so unless there is one I really like.

Yeah check around. I nor my parents have had any problems with them. They still got a fridge in the garage going on 20 years. Samsung is a good brand as well.

I took a look at this and I really liked it but it seemed like the freezer space was pretty small. I buy in bulk a lot and freeze a lot, so I'm really looking for a big freezer. With the divide in the middle of the freezer because of the two bottom freezer doors I don't know if I'll be able to fit a lot in there. Is that your experience too?

Sounds like you might be better off with a separate upright freezer for something like that.

Sounds like you might be better off with a separate upright freezer for something like that.

Yea, I've considered that as well but I would much rather get a fridge that has a big freezer with it. I saw a Kenmore Elite that I really liked it was model number 74023. Anyone have one of these? I have to do my homework on it and see how much they'll negotiate with the price.

Reason I say that is with any pullout or even a chest freezer you run the risk of items getting buried. No fun to have to unload and move everything just to grab a package of ground beef on the bottom. I've dealt with that quite a bit at my dad's since he buys beef/pork from a friend and then throws all the wild game he kills on top of it

Yea, I've considered that as well but I would much rather get a fridge that has a big freezer with it. I saw a Kenmore Elite that I really liked it was model number 74023. Anyone have one of these? I have to do my homework on it and see how much they'll negotiate with the price.

That Samsung previously mentioned has just about the largest usable freezer space you'll find in a refrigerator, I believe - 9.4 cu ft. The Kenmore only has 6. It's also not rated as high.

The largest usable freezer space you'll find within your price range is the Samsung*RF28HDEDBSR*

Up right freezers are a lot easier to deal with than chest freezers. Side by side is better than a drawer type. Your back will hate you after having to retrieve food from a drawer or chest.

VN Store

Back