Animal Tracks Help

C1500

You're the ketchup to my mustard.
My mother has been finding some animal tracks in her yard since the snow fell and its got her worried. I do some deer, and small game hunting, I can't say for sure what left it. I had a few ideas,but I thought I might ask around here to be sure.

14722_883846531635639_2819205222988104431_n.jpg

Canine- domestic dog of some sort. Great Pyrenees or larger breed of some sort. It would be an extremely large coyote but could be a coy dog.

Feline prints don't show claws as they retract. It looks like claw marks in the spoor you showed so I'm going with dog.

Where are you located at (not specific area but Tennessee, utah)?

Scoobydoo.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
My mother has been finding some animal tracks in her yard since the snow fell and its got her worried. I do some deer, and small game hunting, I can't say for sure what left it. I had a few ideas,but I thought I might ask around here to be sure.

View attachment 91351

What was your ideas of its identity? Don't be afraid to say what you really think. It is definitely some type of canine track. Looks a little large to be a coyote though.

I agree, definitely canine. Appears to be a large canine(50+ lbs ?) just by the photo but snow melt between the time the print occurred and the time the photo was taken could make it appear bigger than it was.

What was your ideas of its identity? Don't be afraid to say what you really think. It is definitely some type of canine track. Looks a little large to be a coyote though.

coyote is what I had thought or a bigger dog (german shepherd)

Hawkins co TN

Oh ok. Definetly canine and domestic dog. If it was a coy, then it can be a dangerous animal. Watch for a domestic dog that starts running with and is accepted by the yotes. Those boogers can be extremely dangerous.

Oh ok. Definetly canine and domestic dog. If it was a coy, then it can be a dangerous animal. Watch for a domestic dog that starts running with and is accepted by the yotes. Those boogers can be extremely dangerous.

Yep I've seen quite a few running in Hawkins while out hunting.

Yep I've seen quite a few running in Hawkins while out hunting.

Watch them. Not afraid of humans but gain the "wildness" back from the wild canine coyote.

I'm going to BSF this weekend to hunt and camp looking for Hogs. Last weeked of the season. I've never seen coys up there but I have seen aome decent sized yotes .

There is a pack of coyotes that runs around the woods behind my neighborhood at night. They make me nervous about letting my dogs out, as I know they can be quite aggressive.

Reactions: 1 person
There is a pack of coyotes that runs around the woods behind my neighborhood at night. They make me nervous about letting my dogs out, as I know they can be quite aggressive.

If by themselves, I have found them to be skittish. A pack of 3 or more, and they are a danger to everything.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back