Greatest sports moment ever.

Bill Mazeroski's 9th inning home run to win the 1960 World Series for the Pirates over the Yankees

Is this the day Reggie White came to campus? Only a few can compare, IMO.:)

For me personally, probably this...

Bream2.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
The most recent moment was 2 summers ago when I was in Winnipeg when this happened. The sports bar I was in went nuts...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44T6FYdLcLc[/youtube]

Definitely the biggest upset ever.

I still love the line in the Miracle movie that Brooks is supposed to have really said, where he (papraphrased) said " We play them 10 times, they probably win 9. But not tonight".

I imagine the overrated comment was referring to the OP.

Sadly that is probably true. A bunch of college kids beat the best team on the planet. Not a bunch of pros like the NBA dream team. Kids. Beat a team that earlier whacked Gretzky and company.

For the USA.

I guess you had to have consciousness during that time to understand, and by that I mean you needed to have been older than about 15.

It was magic.

Reactions: 1 person
Sadly that is probably true. A bunch of college kids beat the best team on the planet. Not a bunch of pros like the NBA dream team. Kids. Beat a team that earlier whacked Gretzky and company.

For the USA.

I guess you had to have consciousness during that time to understand, and by that I mean you needed to have been older than about 15.

It was magic.

All of this plus the cold war made this #1 by far.

For the USA.

It was magic.

I was 5 years from being born and i couldn't care any less about hockey. While I understand how big of a moment it was, it's overrated imo too. Biggest upset probably, biggest moment? Nah. Dream Team being that dominant and winning the gold was bigger to me.

I was 5 years from being born and i couldn't care any less about hockey. While I understand how big of a moment it was, it's overrated imo too. Biggest upset probably, biggest moment? Nah. Dream Team being that dominant and winning the gold was bigger to me.

Mike Eruzione's gold medal is probably framed over his fireplace. I doubt Michael Jordan can even find his.

As far as hockey goes, you should try to get into a novice league. I know for a fact they have them in Knoxville. It is amazingly fun, and you don't even have to know how to skate.

VN Store

Back