Icequakes

They were in west tn too. One hit last night and scared the crap out of the wife

We had a few last night in Hickman Co. One shook the house at about 1130. Didn't know what was going on.

What part? I may know them, it's a pretty small place.

Right off of Natchez Trace. My uncle own an Ace Hardware somewhere around there. My cousin is a plumber and his daughters play softball. No idea if any of that helps or not lol.

The Ace Hardware is maybe 5 minutes from my house. I'd guess they live on Hwy 7 or right off of it if they're near the trace. If you're ever in the area to visit, check out Papa Boudreaux's in Fly. Little hole in the wall, but it has excellent Cajun food.

The Ace Hardware is maybe 5 minutes from my house. I'd guess they live on Hwy 7 or right off of it if they're near the trace. If you're ever in the area to visit, check out Papa Boudreaux's in Fly. Little hole in the wall, but it has excellent Cajun food.

They live on Tatum Creek.

I may regret opening up this can of worms again, but we just got notification via Twitter that the cryoseismic booms are starting up again in Spring Hill, which is where they started last night. I'm not a seismologist, and so this is not my area of expertise, but I'm finding this fascinating, and wonder what's going on beneath the surface around Spring Hill that is causing the cryoseisms to originate there.

NWS Nashville FB account

Cryoseism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Based on icequake report locations I venture to say that exploding meth labs are more likely source of booms than cracking limestone.

And Papa Boudreaux has had location off the square in Franklin for a while now in case anyone wants to try the food without driving to Santa Fe.

I'm pretty sure we experienced one last night. It happened around 2 am. It was pretty loud and shook the house for about 1 second.

And Papa Boudreaux has had location off the square in Franklin for a while now in case anyone wants to try the food without driving to Santa Fe.

I've only ever had the one in Fly, so I can't compare them but I've had a few people say the one in Franklin was good, but not as good. The one in Fly is BYOB with no corkage fee too, so there's that if you like to drink.

We had one the other night in sevierville I think. It sounded and felt like a car ran into the side of the house.

VN Store

Back