A Theme Park Built on Hopes, Dreams and...

volinbham

VN GURU
BS?

DreamVision makes theatrical entrance to north Alabama, says theme park is planned for 2019 | AL.com

No one can figure out if this is a scam, some Borat-style prank or legit.

Check out the "artist renderings" of the park - looks like a high school art class put them together.

Price tag? 3.5 billion but as they say:

The $3.5 billion park will be built entirely on private money, Robinson said.

"It's a big number but we're good,"

They took no questions after the press conference.

Seems some details aren't exactly ironed out:

A "vital part" of the park, Robinson said, is the relocation of the Alabama Music Hall of Fame. During a video outlining details of the park shown at the announcement, plans call for the hall of fame to be placed in SoundScape Mountain - the centerpiece of the park.

but

Lee Sentell, state tourism director, said there had been "zero communication" between park officials and the hall of fame.

and

Officials said there have been no conversations with government leaders about infrastructure needs.

Stay tuned folks - this is bound to get wackier.

An Alabama theme park would have to have tractor rides and have scenes of people meeting their wives at family reunions.

Reactions: 2 people
sounds awesome!

The 1,400 acre park proposed for the Shoals is more than 10 times the size of the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World

apparently they are pitching another one for Ft. Worth

20120813231048!Marge_vs._the_Monorail_%28promo_card%29.png

BS?

DreamVision makes theatrical entrance to north Alabama, says theme park is planned for 2019 | AL.com

No one can figure out if this is a scam, some Borat-style prank or legit.

Check out the "artist renderings" of the park - looks like a high school art class put them together.

Price tag? 3.5 billion but as they say:

They took no questions after the press conference.

Seems some details aren't exactly ironed out:

but

and

Stay tuned folks - this is bound to get wackier.

Sounds similar to this...

New Nashville Theme Park - Festival Tennessee

This sounds like a tribute bands wet dream gig. Bet it never happens and if it does go forward they need to start with the firing of their art director because that stuff is wack.

Sweet hope it's planned for the shoals area, send the wife and family there and off to fish I go.. Wilson and the river.. Sounds good to me..

This sounds like what these two guys pitched to the Lake City residents to "encourage" them to change their name to Rocky Top. It was literally the whole motivation for changing their city name. So they could get a theme park built.

This sounds like what these two guys pitched to the Lake City residents to "encourage" them to change their name to Rocky Top. It was literally the whole motivation for changing their city name. So they could get a theme park built.

I hate that they were allowed to name that town Rocky Top. The judge didn't think it likely that the name would be used in commerce. Like that town won't be selling Rocky Top t-shirts and calendars.

This video parody actually makes more sense than the real video

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBIFIZPB9fw[/youtube]

I hate that they were allowed to name that town Rocky Top. The judge didn't think it likely that the name would be used in commerce. Like that town won't be selling Rocky Top t-shirts and calendars.

Nothing but a town of thieving meth heads if you ask me. They think they can build a theme park and suddenly become a thriving town by stealing a legendary name.

VN Store

Back