which would you pick

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
A good conversation at work last night. If you could visit as you are now, 50 years in the past, or in the future, which would you choose? Same age, knowledge, etc. And why?

I feel like I was born in the wrong century some times. I like to hunt,fish,farm and be self sustaining. I would love to live in a cabin on a creek in the wilderness one day but my wife prefers hot water that doesn't have to be boiled and hauled to the tub with buckets.

I'm glad we have the things we do, but I'd love to go back and visit with what I feel was a great generation.

I feel like I was born in the wrong century some times. I like to hunt,fish,farm and be self sustaining. I would love to live in a cabin on a creek in the wilderness one day but my wife prefers hot water that doesn't have to be boiled and hauled to the tub with buckets.

It would have been cool to walk the streets of Dodge City or Tombstone in the 1870s-1880s.

At the rate we're going, this might be a scary place in 50 years, if it's even still around.

I'd rather go 50 years in the future. 50 years ago, the US involvement in Vietnam was ratcheting up, segregation, bigotry and racism were still rampant in both personal and political life and the Cleveland Browns were relevant.

Granted, things could be worse in the future, but I'd rather face the unknown.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure how much fun it was to be a black person in 1965. I'll gamble on the future.

Yea, for some I could understand the past being a problem because of the stupid stuff that happened. So I'll clarify what I meant by a great generation. Not the yahoos who were racist and ignorant, but just the values that most had. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a home and area where that stuff wasn't anissue . I only saw race issues on TV, folks got along good where I grew up.

The question is which would I visit? I go 50 years into the future to see if I'm around at 94. Also, gotta check out the stock market over the past 50 years to know where to invest. That way if I am around at 94, I can be like that old billionaire creeper who married Anna Nicole.

Future.
I can read books to learn how things were 15 years before I was born, but I may never get to see 2065.

I'd rather go 50 years in the future. 50 years ago, the US involvement in Vietnam was ratcheting up, segregation, bigotry and racism were still rampant in both personal and political life and the Cleveland Browns were relevant.

Granted, things could be worse in the future, but I'd rather face the unknown.

Good point.

Can we choose who we're with? If so, hands down the past. And I'd talk to my Nanny (mom's paternal grandmother) and my other great-grandmother (her maternal grandmother). Oh! OH! I'd also get to talk to my dad's mother who died two years before I was born. Yeah. No doubt. The past.

Can we choose who we're with? If so, hands down the past. And I'd talk to my Nanny (mom's paternal grandmother) and my other great-grandmother (her maternal grandmother). Oh! OH! I'd also get to talk to my dad's mother who died two years before I was born. Yeah. No doubt. The past.

Or you could go to the future so your great grands would know you b

VN Store

Back