What's your biggest sports accomplishment?

I won the junior xc mountain bike series in Georgia when I was 17. I think I won 7 races over the course of that season. That's probably my only claim to fame lol

*Probably should be off topic btw

Reactions: 1 person
Deja Vu from a old guy but back in my younger years I had a A+ every year in catching good looking girls, LOL!

As to football...I was only a fair WR and DE in high school but nothing to write home about.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Scored with one of the cheerleaders after a big football win back in my high school daze.
Does that count?

Reactions: 1 person
Four straight undefeated seasons in rec league basketball. Averaged like 3 points per game over that span. I was a true point guard, the 15-18 year old league John Stockton.

I defeated the Hwy 55 Big-A-Burger challenge (approx 5 lbs of food) in under 30 minutes. Speed eating is a sport right? Just ask Kobayashi.

I broke a hundred in golf last year. After years of shooting like real 120s to 130s. I bought the Ben Hogans 5 lessons book read it and changed my swing and while I still am really bad but made huge progress. Now just gotta play more than 3 to 4 times a year.

Had my hand on the flags worn by Andy Kelly in a UT Intramural flag football league back in '93. That is...just as he released the ball for what was sure to be a 30 yd TD pass. But anyway, I came THAT CLOSE to "sacking" Andy Kelly, my hometown hero who took our county to the state finals and graduated with my sister and set untold records at UT.

He had a team loaded with former starters. Even the lineman could outrun most of our team. LOL, the Baptist Student Union wasn't much of a match for them, but neither was any other team in the league that year. Just being on the field with them was surreal.

To continue the theme, I also played against Terrell Owens, yep - T O, in an intramural game at UTC the year before. They cleaned our clocks in the playoffs, and promptly got disqualified for playing several dudes who weren't even students anymore (he was likely one of them.) Of course, back then ('92) who the heck was this Owens guy anyway. If only we had known....

Probably the moment I'll never forget though was being on the UTC Bowling Team and bowling on the same lane with the Florida State Ladies team. They everlovin' blasted us. I think all five of them rolled a 230+ and it was embarrassing as all get out, but they had...um...how shall I say it.... excellent form, if you know what I mean. Bowling skirts are wonderfully distracting.

AV

Scored a hat trick in district championship VS Seymour to go to substate.

Scored two goals every game all the way to the championship match against CAK.

Had an article written about me at age 8 for being the youngest black belt in the state of NC.
Sophomore year, I scored 16 goals in the soccer season and got honorable mention for all conference.
Then I moved to Maryville and was a bench warmer.

VN Store

Back