Kanye gonna Kanye

BenGrimm

Formally known as burntorangeVOLffle
So who thinks Beyoncé is a better artist than Beck?

Kanye wasn’t joking, tells E! that ‘Beck needs to respect artistry and he should have given his award to Beyoncé’ - The Washington Post

tumblr_mvi4ppzvwj1qei2hgo1_500.gif

If I was Beck I would have punched him in the throat and pushed him off the stage.

Reactions: 6 people
I'd like to say what I really think about Mr West... but I like being a member of volnation more.

Reactions: 1 person
Beyonce has very nice talents.

I don't like Beck's music, but I respect what he does.

Beyonce's talents are good.

One of those two writes the songs, arranges them, plays the instruments on the records, and sings them. Too bad that person isn't an artist too.

I respect her talent but I agree with golf balls, she is an entertainer, not an artist.

How do you deam that she isn't an artist? Simply because you don't care for her music?

I argue that there are many pop musicians who are artists. I would wager that she deserves to be considered as such.

How do you deam that she isn't an artist? Simply because you don't care for her music?

I argue that there are many pop musicians who are artists. I would wager that she deserves to be considered as such.

I never said I don't like that her music. There is a lot of controversy that she doesn't even write her own lyrics much less compose the music. She's a talented performer that deserves accolades.

However, when throwing around the word artist and in relation to someone like Beck who writes and performs his own music AND changes his style on any give album then there is not really a comparison. Beck's previous 'album' was just sheet music he published for free then asked the internet to submit performances of the songs.

FWIW I didn't really care for Morning Phase. I prefer his more up tempo stuff.

You guys are 100% correct. Beyonce, like Britney Spears etc, is an entertainer. Huge difference in a musical artist and an entertainer/performer.

You guys are 100% correct. Beyonce, like Britney Spears etc, is an entertainer. Huge difference in a musical artist and an entertainer/performer.

Elvis falls in this category too. Doesn't mean the guy wasn't talented.

Kanye is a professional troll.

A gifted producer but an honest to god, egomaniacal troll.

If its any consolation to the disagreements, I don't like none of them, including Elvis! Say what!

VN Store

Back