Tesla Model S P85D Insane Mode

That last lady is a boss. She probably has a 10 second fox body, given how calm her demeanor was.

The future is bright for electrics. We will have to adjust to the lack of a roar, but there is no way for combustion engines to keep up.

there are several of these on Youtube and the Tesla always wins off the line due to all wheel drive and full torque from the beginning.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cA1doO_9h8[/youtube]

sound and smell for me - ozone vs dinosaur juice is no comparison in the sensory experience.

I know, but the acceleration is alluring. I am reminded of the Hulk roller coaster.... Wow. Saw a Shelby Cobra retrofitted with an electric engine on Speed channel, the results were impressive.

I used to show this in class to demonstrate how perceptions (electric cars are slow) don't match reality.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=369h-SEBXd8[/youtube]

I can drive 400 miles without stopping. How far can that Tesla "keep up"

Roughly 300 miles, but battery technology is rapidly improving. Tesla is now building quick-charge stations and battery-swap programs that will make interstate travel even more convenient.

As of now, a Tesla isn't the ideal Griswold family vacationer. But, it will be within a decade, mark it down. I was referring to the efficiency at which electric motors produce power and how readily it is transferred to the ground.

Roughly 300 miles, but battery technology is rapidly improving. Tesla is now building quick-charge stations and battery-swap programs that will make interstate travel even more convenient.

As of now, a Tesla isn't the ideal Griswold family vacationer. But, it will be within a decade, mark it down. I was referring to the efficiency at which electric motors produce power and how readily it is transferred to the ground.

Depends on which level you buy. The most expensive Teslas have the largest battery packs and therefore the longest range. The cheapest Model S will still set you back 60 grand and has only about 150 miles of range.

You're right that full EV's are getting better, at least in Tesla's case. The Chevy Spark EV is 36 grand and has less than a 100 mile range.

The official range is 242. Where are these battery swap stations? Oh there is one in NYC and you have to return back to the swap station to pick up your original battery. Supercharger stations take 45 minutes. It's a nice story but they have a lot of work ahead

I think in principal it's a great idea. I just don't think it will achieve what most in here are expecting. Especially not in any of our lifetimes.

I think it will be a thing for the wealthy. Common working folks won't have one.

Reactions: 1 person
I think in principal it's a great idea. I just don't think it will achieve what most in here are expecting. Especially not in any of our lifetimes.

I think it will be a thing for the wealthy. Common working folks won't have one.

I think you are dead wrong.

I think you are dead wrong.

Guess we will see. But the odds are in my favor.

I'd love to see the the 15.5 million big trucks that are on the road converted to electric as opposed to diesel. Efficiently. Where bread won't cost 50 bucks a loaf.

The tech on the trucks is growing. DEF fluid has mine producing air clean enough to breath, and getting 7-8 mpg.

Guess we will see. But the odds are in my favor.

I'd love to see the the 15.5 million big trucks that are on the road converted to electric as opposed to diesel. Efficiently. Where bread won't cost 50 bucks a loaf.

The tech on the trucks is growing. DEF fluid has mine producing air clean enough to breath, and getting 7-8 mpg.

I disagree. You give me 60 years of technological innovations at the rate (or faster) we have seen since the mid-90's, I think the odds shift dramatically to my side.

Tesla's gigafactory should also reduce cost of batteries and better support innovation in the field. I believe it is scheduled to begin operations in 2017 which is also when the lower cost models are expected to be premiered.

The official range is 242. Where are these battery swap stations? Oh there is one in NYC and you have to return back to the swap station to pick up your original battery. Supercharger stations take 45 minutes. It's a nice story but they have a lot of work ahead

Oh, I agree, but the work is in progress. I think it will happen much quicker than some believe, and other companies are venturing into the market.

Battery technology is progressing rapidly... They will get cheaper, lighter, longer lasting, and quicker charging.

VN Store

Back